AWS Platform Engineer
World First is a market-leading, award-winning, bank-beating, rapidly growing, fun-loving international payments company and we are looking to hire an AWS Platform Engineer.
The Platform Engineering team at Worldfirst are responsible for the end to end health of our systems and services that are required to be available 24x7. Located in London and Hong Kong, the team works as one team, balancing local priorities and workload with a goal of standardising technology and methodology globally.
As a Platform Engineer at Worldfirst you will play a critical role in the delivery of our enterprise products and services to our large and growing global customer base as part of the Global Platform Engineering team.
Your main responsibilities will be leading the way in using AWS you will want to automate everything. You will work closely with the colleagues in Software Engineering, Product Management and Architecture to understand priorities and prioritise your workload accordingly. You will strive to eliminate waste and improve performance using tools such as New Relic.
This is an opportunity to work within an extremely dynamic environment and the role expects you to be efficient and engaging. You will have the opportunity to have a direct influence on day to day operations, driving automation and transition of infrastructure to cloud service providers.
If you are passionate about driving continuous improvement in a high volume, high impact environment we are offering a unique opportunity to develop your career as an integral part of our Platform Engineering team.
- Work within the global Platform Engineering team to standardise the design, build and operational management of highly scalable, secure and available infrastructure that enable the Worldfirst platform to operate reliably 24x7
- Ensure that the Worldfirst platforms are reliable and can scale rapidly to support growth in transaction volumes during periods of peak business. Limit or eliminate exposure to single points of failure
- Design and build infrastructure platforms with the highest levels of security. Respond swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities
- Create tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable our software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments and into production with maximum velocity
- Work tirelessly to reduce or remove bottlenecks and inefficiencies in the Worldfirst ecosystem
- Work to reduce or eliminate manual or repetitive tasks in collaboration with Software Engineering and colleagues in Platform Engineering
- Improve the end to end health and performance of the platform ecosystem
- Work with Engineering and QA teams on solution design, capacity planning and performance
- Promote, document and implement systems infrastructure best practices
- Provide support during out of hours and on call as required by the business
- Want to expand your horizons.
What you need to know:
- Linux Servers
- Brocade Virtual Traffic Manager vADC, Nginx, haproxy.
- Configuration Management: Ansible preferred.
- Deployment Orchestration; ideally Jenkins.
- Git source control
- Knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM) tools such as NewRelic and AppDynamics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be calm and work well under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work independently; deploying and troubleshooting systems
- Analytical by nature to troubleshoot and solve complex System Engineering problems
- Experience supporting high availability systems and scalable architectures
- Experience supporting network protocols including IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL
- Server, storage management and virtualization
- Excellent internal customer service, communication, and coordination
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive attitudes and outlook
- Experience in enterprise level storage and network technologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Nice to have:
- GIT, Atlassian Suite, Kubernetes
- AWS RDS
- Systems administration, security, networking.
- Basic salary: Dependant on experience
- Excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus, season ticket loan, company pension scheme, health cover, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, corporate gym and retail discounts
- A fun working environment based in central London
- Free breakfast, free massages, Friday beer fridge, tri-annual company parties, bi-annual team nights out, annual charity day and more!
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Private Client Dealer
Jessica aids private clients who need to transfer money across countries, making sure that World First helps secure the best rates possible that also beat bank pricing.
Back to top