Application Support Analyst
The Application Support as part of the wider Service Desk Team will be responsible for providing an outstanding service experience for customers with operational support needs. They will be the first and second line of support for World First users who need help with our bespoke applications.
Innovative, solutions focused and most importantly passionate about helping people, the role will involve analysis, diagnosis and resolution of issues.
You will have close contact with both the internal business stakeholders and the development/infrastructure teams who will be your 3rd line escalation point.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Act as part of a team who are single point of contact for phone calls, emails and automated Jira Service Desk ‘Tickets’ from internal stakeholders regarding WF platforms.
- Pro-active ownership of user issues and service requests, actively managing, investigating and conducting the process to resolution.
- Prioritising business requests, issues and incidents according to a priority matrix
- Working closely with development and infrastructure teams
- React to and escalate incoming incidents, taking on the role of Incident Coordinator to facilitate incident resolution within a cross functional team.
- First/second line application support role, working on bespoke applications within the World First environment
- Escalate unresolved calls to the appropriate 3rd level teams.
- To ensure all SLA’s and escalation point are met
- Work with other members of the Application Support team and the Service Desk Manager to identify trends and to provide analysis on the root cause of recurring incidents or problems.
Experience/ Knowledge required:
- Experience with some applications, ideally bespoke
- Knowledge of relational database concept and previous experience providing technical support for web based applications, preferably with financial web applications.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent customer support skills including client facing capabilities and the ability to multitask.
- You will be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.
- A strong team player with an ability to build relationships quickly.
Experience/ Knowledge desired:
- An ITIL qualification
- Degree qualification in Information Technology or related subject is desirable.
- Exposure to PHP desirable.
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance, employee spouse and dependents, including eyecare
- Rental reimbursement scheme
Meet Some of World First's Employees
Head Of Sales
Darren oversees outbound sales acquisition channels for corporate and e-commerce verticals. He also makes sure World First’s sales goals complement partners and fit into the overall business plan.
Back to top