World 50 senior editors report on some of the most intriguing business conversations in the world. They capture and contextualize the conversations of top business and government leaders, researchers, social entrepreneurs and other thought leaders from around the world as they openly discuss critical business and social issues in a private and confidential setting. Senior editors must be comfortable interviewing and interacting with top business leaders and World 50 team members, and be capable of quickly synthesizing large amounts of data into concise and captivating copy. The candidate must be a dedicated copyeditor with shrewd fact checking skills, and a focus on grammar and the World 50 style. The position reports to the Managing Editor.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Develop and execute content for C-suite executives in marketing, supply chain, innovation, general counsel, HR and other functions
- Work with World 50 content managers, as well as outside consulting advisors, to create and/or edit articles, white papers and other content projects
- Passion for copyediting and knowledgeable in AP style
- Takes ownership of all aspects of an assigned publication, to meet both quality standards and strict deadlines
- Must be intellectually curious, creative, team-oriented and deadline-driven
- Provide writing and editing support to Managing editor and other Edit team associates
- 2-3 years of journalism experience required, digital experience is a big plus
- Candidates should have experience producing and editing content on a wide variety of subjects and have a portfolio of published work
- Strong understanding of global business and geopolitical trends—and an ability to translate those topics into engaging written content
- Organized and confident self-starter who can perform in a collaborative environment while achieving challenging goals while focusing on best practices and systems
Meet Some of World 50's Employees
Alejandro researches target companies and industries that would benefit from becoming World 50 members. He develops solid relationships with prospective candidates and identifies their needs.
Back to top