Creative Content Strategist
About World 50
World 50 is the premier resource for senior executives from globally respected organizations to privately and candidly share ideas, solutions and collaborative discovery. The World 50 community represents more than 1,200 senior executives from 600 globally respected companies across six continents. Founded in 2004, World 50 serves no other purpose than to accelerate the success of its members and their organizations. Membership provides unparalleled access to world-class gatherings as well as year-round peer-to-peer and team-to-team collaboration, delivering insights found nowhere else. To learn more about World 50's culture, please visit http://www.world50.com/culture
We're looking for a journalist, reformed humanities academic or creative writer whose used to deeply researching a broad array of topics in order to find the compelling narrative in a sea of unstructured information. You are more interested in proximity to some of the most interesting content in the world than the byline (which you will not receive). You're the kind of person who reads Financial Times and Buzzfeed in equal measure and knows how to pitch a story to internal and external audiences. Global and local and analog and technology and business and human interest and economic and scientific stories all pique your interest. If you're looking for a role that requires using well-developed muscles like sound judgment, trend-spotting, having influence, balancing budgets, writing mean copy and interacting with other brilliant minds-but couldn't figure out what career would allow you to do that-we're looking for you.
The producer plays a critical role in the design delivery of live and written content for World50 gatherings. Reporting to the Director, programming, this position is responsible for end-to-end content development including researching and developing topics, recruiting speakers, crafting agendas, managing the delivery of programs onsite, and writing succinct and meaningful content. Will be responsible for creating and contributing to an array of print and digital documents and publications.
The ideal individual will be curious. Must have strong business acuity, infuse creativity and provide unique topics and elements that will assist in designing corporate gatherings, enhancing the memberships' knowledge and overall experience, and expanding World 50's knowledge archive.
- Research and develop topics of interest for World 50's overall content strategy
- Translate those ideas into twice-yearly Summits and Special Programs as well as content for sharing with members
- Initiate, research and propose program topics relative to current global business trends that deliver unique, rare and exceptional value/insights to members
- Synthesize insights and create polished, actionable content for members, using both print and digital media
- Actively network to build on contact base, staying ahead of business industry trends
- Offer creativity in presentation style, subject matter and overall design
- Coordinate speaker and agenda requirements with logistics
- Assist with processing and managing speaker invoices
- Train and develop junior producers
- Ability to present self to C-level executives with confidence and professionalism
- Demonstrate poise and grace under pressure
- Highly organized, creative and attentive to detail; able to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple projects
- Excellent communications skills, both interpersonal and written
- flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments
- Deadline driven
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
- Persistence, resourcefulness, drive, and ability to work proactively and independently
- Superior quality and service standard
- Experience with digital media, including blogs, video, and social media
- Solid computer and analytical skills
- This position requires 10 - 40% travel
Education and Experience
- Four-year degree in Business, International Relations, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in corporate programming, training and/or meeting planning or business journalism and communications, particularly digital content creation.(May vary depending on level of experience required.)
- Outstanding leadership and communications skills with the ability to work independently, as a leader of a young team, and as a collaborator with colleagues;
- The ability to think and act with a creative, informed intelligence;
- 2-4 years experience with business acumen;
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the responsibilities of this position, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role. The associate is occasionally required to travel.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be a comprehensive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with this position
World 50, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. World 50 also maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Back to top