Community of Practice Leader :: Security Experience Preferred
- Atlanta, GA
About World 50, Inc.
Founded in 2004, World 50 consists of private peer communities that enable CEOs and C-level executives at globally respected organizations to discover better ideas, share valuable experiences and build relationships that make a lasting impact. The busiest officer-level executives and their most promising future leaders trust World 50 to facilitate collaboration, conversation and counsel on the topics most crucial to leading, transforming and growing modern enterprises. Membership is by invitation only.
World 50 communities serve every significant enterprise leadership role. World 50 members reside in more than 27 countries on six continents and are leaders at companies that average more than $30 billion in revenue.
World 50 is a private company that serves no other purpose than to accelerate the success of its members and their organizations. It is composed of highly curious associates who consider it a privilege to help leaders stay ahead. To learn more about World 50's culture, please visit http://www.world50.com/culture
Each membership community is led by a Director level associate who leads and grows a global community of the top executives in their function. In that role, the Director acts as community leader, insights guide and relationship builder across leaders from some of the world's most prestigious companies. It is a role unique in its breadth of scope and unrivaled access to top decision makers and social influencers from around the world. Indeed, World 50 Group Leaders frequently find themselves moderating discussions with former heads of state, Fortune 100 CEOs, startup founders and backers, as well as legendary figures from the arts, sports and entertainment.
The ideal candidate possesses key skills in three key dimensions, which World 50 believes are essential to creating value for C-level executives:
- Relationship Management - the ability to quickly develop strong, lasting relationships in order to be seen as a trusted advisor and confidant
- World-Class Program Curator - the ability to design, develop and deliver a unique, world-class knowledge-sharing program across physical and virtual formats
- Business Development - the ability to grow the membership by leveraging strategic c-level business development skills and effectively managing a growth strategy
The ideal candidate will serve as general manager of the membership group. He/she will also work alongside a team of talented and diverse peers who lead the other World 50 communities, as well as world-class programming and insights teams.
You will be responsible for building the membership, expertly managing relationships to understand member needs, serving as liaison to initiate and facilitate connections among members and for leading program creation and execution. Specific responsibilities include:
- Get to know members at events and via one-on-one phone calls; listen and get to know the issues that keep them up at night; find expert help for these issues from within the group, other W50 members or external thought leaders and make those connections.
- Build creative, year-round programs (two large summits, monthly regional dinners, small group discussions, conference calls, etc.) around members' needs, interests and pressing business challenges.
- Assist in the creation of agendas and subject matter themes to create fresh and must-attend business summits. Recognize trends, read everything, and talk to everyone to stay aware of the business and world leaders that would contribute to a world-class event.
- Serve as business editor for the group and create insightful communication pieces that successfully summarize the key findings from the programs. Edit the recaps produced by W50's writing team with a discerning eye on what is relevant to members.
- Manage the budget and P&L for the group, along with a small support team
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader for a small team in a fast-paced environment. This is a great role for a strategic business developer comfortable working with and advising C-level executives. He/she will have client relationship management experience, possibly developed through senior consulting roles, coupled with an entrepreneurial, hands-on style. (This role is similar to managing an industry group a global consultancy.) The ideal candidate will be able to interact as an equal to C-level executives without interjecting his or herself as “the authority”. The best Directors are credible, confident, and keep their egos in check while facilitating influential conversations among the peer members.
We seek most, if not all, of the following experience and skills:
- Experience working with global and multi-national firms.
- Exposure within risk, financial and/or IT organizations on developing strategies in one or more of the following areas:
- Corporate governance structures
- Fraud and investigations
- Regulatory compliance and reporting (e.g., SOX, Dodd-Frank, etc.)
- Information security risk and resiliency
- Enterprise risk management (ERM) and critical infrastructure protection
- Financial and operational risk (to include business continuity / disaster recovery/planning
- Risk modeling and the ways organizations determine risk thresholds, profiles, appetites, tradeoffs, and acceptable risk exposure levels
- Deal support/due diligence on M&A activities and/or PMI
- Client relationship management skills at senior levels;
- Proven success in a variety of corporate cultures; some career experience working for a start-up or entrepreneurial company a plus;
- Outstanding leadership, general management and communications skills with the ability to work independently, as a leader of a young team, and as a collaborator with colleagues;
- The ability to think and act creatively;
- An individual known for his/her intellectual curiosity and emotional intelligence;
- Business and financial acumen, including creating budgets and managing expenses and P&L;
- A strong, confident style; high energy; command presence; capable public speaker; executive presence (not awed by senior corporate executives, world leaders, and celebrities);
- College degree required; MBA, or similar preferred;
- A tenacious personality in relentless pursuit of excellence, capable of looking at every detail in order to build the most satisfied and engaged member group at World 50.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the responsibilities of this position, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to travel.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with this position
World 50, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Back to top