Senior Software Engineer - API
Senior Software Engineer - API (New York City or Toronto)
We are looking for a top Senior API Developer to play a leading role in our development team. You will be working in an environment that utilizes Java 8, Hystrix, RxJava, Zookeeper, SmartStack, Kafka, AWS, RDS, Gradle and other interesting technologies.
Who We Are:
What we do?
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio. Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Design, deliver and OWN scalable internal and external API gateway design and solutions
- Collaborate closely with microservice teams to evolve overall distributed architecture to support Enterprise SaaS API readiness.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive while working closely with other teams
- Experience with imperative and functional programming
- Good experience in designing secure, reliable and scalable web service API architecture
- Good understanding of common concerns for API platform management
- Stays sharp with current and modern problems, patterns and standards
- Experience with distributed cloud native application.
- Understand what continuous testing means.
- Understanding the importance of metrics and server telemetry.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of differences between HTTP and HTTP/2
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Working knowledge of Amazon AWS or another cloud service
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture - the good, bad and ugly.
- Experience or understanding of container based technologies
- Familiarity with general security and endpoint protection
- Experience working at a startup!
- Continuous Delivery experience with technologies such as Maven, Gradle, Git and Jenkins is a plus.
- Contribution to OSS is a major plus.
Work Market boasts an impressive engineering team backed by successful and reputable investors such as Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. We recently received $20 million in Series C funding that is being reinvested back into hiring. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that can build the tools and workflows that allow our customers to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. Work Market is the leading platform for freelance labor. Our freelance management platform is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
Back to top