Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - NYC
The Senior Software Engineer position is fit for an enthusiastic, motivated and driven individual who thrives on developing smart solutions for complex technology problems. We are looking for mid to Senior Java developers who want to build great software using modern Web 2.0 technologies
- Working in one our scrum teams, designing and developing applications for dealing with high-volume, low-latency requests in a mission-critical system, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Exercising creative thinking and imagination to advance our business performance
- Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including strong working knowledge of the Java web technology platform, applied use of design patterns
- Knowledge of Web/Application service architecture, experience with Restful API
- Knowledge of designing and developing platform level components including events architectures, messaging, and caching.
- Advanced database development skills including advanced SQL (MySQL preferred), a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
Nice to have:
- Experience building SaaS applications desired
- Proven track record designing and implementing web applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Experience with agile development methodologies desired
Work Market boasts an impressive engineering team backed by successful and reputable investors such as Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. We recently received $20 million in Series C funding that is being reinvested back into hiring. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that can build the tools and workflows that allow our customers to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. Work Market is the leading platform for freelance labor. Our freelance management platform is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
Meet Some of Work Market's Employees
Director Of Product Management
As Director of Product Management, Steve acts as a bridge between the Platform Services Team and the Engineering Team, overseeing big-picture projects, like allocating additional resources for freelancers.
Back to top