Senior Platform Engineer
Software Engineer - Platform (New York City or Toronto)
We are looking for Engineers to join our Platform Team. The Platform Team is responsible for architecting and deploying WorkMarket's core microservices as well as mentoring other engineers in their designs and integrations. You will be focused on building microservices, defining patterns and best practices, and collaborating across teams to deliver value for our customers.
What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket enables businesses to manage enterprise and independent workers with maximum ease and efficiency. Our platform offers web, and mobile access to both employers and workers. We support integration with employers existing IT solutions to enable seamless work requisition talent management, and financial reconciliation and compliance. Our massive pool of registered workers have a flexible work schedule and can be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
WorkMarket boasts an impressive leadership team backed by successful and reputable investors such as Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures, Foundry Group, Accenture, and Silicon Valley Bank. We recently received $25 million in funding that is being reinvested back into hiring. We are looking to grow quickly and significantly in 2017 and 2018.
Engineering at WorkMarket
Today we offer SaaS to enable our customers to manage work and workers, payments, and financial reconciliation. Our business domain is broad and complex - we are managing employer and worker financials, we also support a two sided marketplace as well as a play into the enterprise integration space. We have enterprise features and functionality including compliance, payments, webhooks, custom fields, and configurable workflow. The Platform Team owns WorkMarket's microservices architecture and designs and deploys technology strategy across the engineering team.
- Design and build foundational microservices
- Mentor and guide feature teams to build and integrate new and existing microservices
- Define standards and patterns to ensure quality and velocity
- Monitor and respond to production issues according to SLA
- Collaborate with product owner(s) to prioritize value delivery
- Collaborate with tech leads to sequence and deliver complex projects
- Track record of deploying and maintaining complex systems in production
- Track record of using influence to lead a group of engineers to achieve architectural goals
- Experience building and supporting libraries used by multiple teams
- In depth knowledge of one or more: Java, Scala, Clojure, Python, Haskell, Lisp
- Track record of pragmatic build vs. buy vs. oss decision making
What you'll learn:
- Java 8 Functional and Reactive programming
- Distributed systems - the good, bad and ugly
- Dependency management and cross team collaboration and
- Continuous Delivery
- Information Security
- Immutable infrastructure and container based technologies
- Working at a startup
Meet Some of Work Market's Employees
Joe’s role as front-end engineer at Work Market consists of day-to-day coding, along with bigger projects, like building the messaging feature with the Full Stack and Product Teams.
Back to top