Sales Development Representative
Who We Are:
Work Market is the great enabler for the modern work experience. We were founded in 2010 with a simple yet ambition vision: to power the future of work. We help some of the biggest companies in the world unlock new levels of productivity, engagement and growth. Join us, and experience work the way it should be. Learn more at www.workmarket.com.
What We Do:
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
The Sales Development team is responsible for ensuring that Work Market realizes its dream of changing the way the world works. We are looking for consummate professionals that are up for the challenge and eager to be rewarded handsomely for their efforts. The primary responsibilities are to drive revenue and market share in a defined territory by selling into technology and field service organizations that leverage contractor and freelance labor. We leverage existing relationships and form new ones to uncover opportunities.
We are looking to expand our talented team of hunters by finding people who understand what it takes to initiate sales, manage the early stages of sales cycles and exceed performance goals focused on constant collaboration with the Enterprise Executive team.
The Sales Development Representative works to uncover and create new opportunities which results in closed business.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Respond to, and qualify, incoming customer inquiries
- Create new opportunities via outbound prospecting and cold calling into strategic accounts to convert into pipeline opportunities
- Qualify business by completing discovery with each prospect, driving through Stage 2 in the sales process
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Work Market
- Overcome prospect objections
- Update prospect interactions and statuses in Salesforce CRM to ensure efficient lead management
- Working closely with the sales team to accelerate sales cycle and to extend reach into target accounts
- Adherence to team’s core collaborative hours 8:30am - 6:30pm. This may change based on business needs.
- Must travel to NYC Office semi monthly to collaborate with Scrum Teams
- Strong desire to be in technology sales
- Prior inside sales experience a plus
- Experience being held to metrics a plus
- C-Level communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effective
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Meet Some of Work Market's Employees
Joe’s role as front-end engineer at Work Market consists of day-to-day coding, along with bigger projects, like building the messaging feature with the Full Stack and Product Teams.
Back to top