Mobile Engineer - Android
Mobile Engineer - Android (Toronto)
Who We Are:
What We Do:
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to evolve Work Market’s native mobile apps
- Join our collaborative philosophy by being an active member in the Java, Swift, and Android/iOS open source community
- Architect and build new features for the Work Market apps
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience working with a disciplined software release, build, and deploy processes
- Experience building or adding to a published native mobile application
- 2-3+ years experience building mobile applications
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field preferred
- Experience with standard mobile testing frameworks (ie. espresso, robolectric, xctest, cedar etc.)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience building a mobile application from scratch
- Experience with Reactive Programming paradigms
- Experience with Test Driven Development
Meet Some of Work Market's Employees
Joe’s role as front-end engineer at Work Market consists of day-to-day coding, along with bigger projects, like building the messaging feature with the Full Stack and Product Teams.
Back to top