Manager, Test Engineering
What We Do:
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
Who You Are:
Desire to always be learning, growing and passionate about evolving our architecture.
Goal oriented while always keeping the customer in mind.
Realize the value of a collaborative and team oriented work environment.
Define success as being committed about what you do, while having fun.
Believe in building simple, well-tested systems that allow us to iterate quickly.
What You Will Do:
The role of the software test manager or test lead is to effectively lead the testing team. To fulfill this role, the manager must understand the discipline of testing and how to effectively implement a testing process while fulfilling the traditional leadership roles of a manager. You must have experience with both automated and manual testing.
- Effectively manage a team of test engineers and on-demand testers, prioritize across multiple scrum teams and allowing them to make an impact in their roles.
- Apply industry wide quality methodology and define technical strategy for test and performance frameworks and work with the team to implement that strategy.
- Plan testing and resources to ensure adequate test coverage for all applications in each release.
- Work closely with peers in the technology organization to plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Escalate critical and blocking issues when necessary and drive them to closure.
- Track overall progress and provide regular status updates to senior management.
- Research, evaluate, and implement new performance testing approach.
- Lead the automation team in the development and implementation of a new automation framework.
- BS in Computer Science or similar field (Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent.
- 7-10 years of experience as a performance engineer and/or automation engineer, with at least 2 of those years in an architectural or management role.
- Experience managing a team of engineers.
- Experience with leading web and mobile test frameworks (e.g. Selenium).
- Experience with performance monitoring, profiling, or diagnostics tools.
- Experience with performance analysis tools.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong research, problem solving, and troubleshooting ability.
Meet Some of Work Market's Employees
Joe’s role as front-end engineer at Work Market consists of day-to-day coding, along with bigger projects, like building the messaging feature with the Full Stack and Product Teams.
Back to top