Front End Engineer
Front End Engineer
We are looking for a top Senior Front-End Engineer to play a leading role in our development team
Who We Are:
What we do?
We enable clients with the ability to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio. Our engineers build the tools and workflows that allow our customer to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. We are customer driven, our engineers work closely with the Product team to help define and articulate a vision for the Work Market platform. We focus on providing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Serve as a key member of an agile team, developing, maintaining and enhancing code using best practices in software development
- Design and deliver scalable web services, APIs and backend data modules
- Work with other teams to achieve scalable, robust applications best suited to the company’s existing infrastructure
- RWD and familiarity with the nuances of popular browsers and devices that comes with it
- Practical experience using React.JS and Redux
- Comfortable with ES6+
- Knowledge of NPM and Webpack
- Solid understanding of the UNIX command-line environment (Must be comfortable using a terminal and general commands)
- Solid understanding of source control management (Git using Github)
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Familiar and comfortable with agile development methodology.
- Unit Test oriented software development with good programming skills is a must
- Continuous integration/deployment/testing experience with build technologies such as Maven, Git and deployment using Jenkins or Puppet
Nice to have:
- Previous startup experience is a plus
Work Market boasts an impressive engineering team backed by successful and reputable investors such as Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank. We recently received $20 million in Series C funding that is being reinvested back into hiring. We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer that can build the tools and workflows that allow our customers to be more efficient and productive in a competitive marketplace. Work Market is the leading platform for freelance labor. Our freelance management platform is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
Meet Some of Work Market's Employees
Joe’s role as front-end engineer at Work Market consists of day-to-day coding, along with bigger projects, like building the messaging feature with the Full Stack and Product Teams.
Back to top