Director of Product Marketing
Who We Are:
WorkMarket is the great enabler for the modern work experience. We were founded in 2010 with a simple yet ambition vision: to power the future of work. We help some of the biggest companies in the world unlock new levels of productivity, engagement and growth. Join us, and experience work the way it should be. Learn more at www.workmarket.com and developer.workmarket.com.
What We Do:
WorkMarket is an enterprise SaaS platform for large companies to engage on-demand workers at scale. The key users are Line of Business (LOB) managers who use the core platform to onboard workers, route assignments and pay their talent. Workers communicate with these managers through a dynamic mobile application and LOB managers and their clients connect to the platform through a branded portal experience. A sophisticated rules engine automates these processes,and about 40% of assignments come through API integrations with best-in-breed enterprise platforms such as ServiceNow, Workday, Salesforce and others.
- Manage the planning, execution, post-launch follow-up and measurement of all buyer- and user-facing communications and assets for new product releases, major features and new product launches (factsheets, brochures, demo videos and scripts, pitch decks, blog posts, webinars, emails, newsletters, screenshot animations).
- Train sales and client teams to win with core product, positioned effectively against target personas, use cases, and needs. This will include development of product collateral, FAQs, objection handling docs, scripts, etc.
- Champion clear, compelling, relevant product positioning and value messaging that addresses specific client personas and needs. Focus on three industry use cases: IT (IT Service Management), Retail (Field Operations) and Media and on 3 integration partners: ServiceNow, Workday, Accenture. Scope includes product messaging, pricing structure (in collaboration with sales/finance), ROI/value packaging, asset development and champion execution with internal teams.
- Develop a marketplace narrative around our product roadmap that frames our release schedule in impactful, solution/benefit-oriented stories. Communicate in a steady cadence of high-visibility WorkMarket product and services communications and assets.
- Lead the building/maintaining of buyer and user personas with Product. This leader will need to be an expert on our buyers, why and how they purchase, their key KPIs for success in their organization, budget authority, etc.
- Lead development of competitive positioning for the product including conducting competitive intelligence (matrix, SWOT, etc.) to inform points of differentiation. This leader will be an expert on our competitors and integration partners to help our teams articulate what makes our solutions uniquely suited to the needs of our buyers.
- Lead planning meetings with marketing colleagues, CPO, CRO, VP Solutions Engineering, product teams, sales executives, partners and customers to define compelling product marketing and go-to-market positioning/messaging and organize engaging programs in collaboration with marketing.
- Execute product marketing priorities in collaboration with members of the Marketing team across Demand Gen, Media Relations, Brand, Analyst Relations, WM.com and other areas.
- Research, identify and activate (through sales and client teams) opportunities to enhance monthly recurring revenue (MRR) leveraging our products and packaging (upsell, cross-sell, etc).
- Drive ongoing revenue activation and engagement programs across our product and feature set (eg ongoing Worker marketing communications, ongoing feature promotion for revenue generating upgrades/options).
- Conduct virtual product demonstrations, evangelize products at conferences, and host product and thought-leadership webinars for current and prospective clients.
- Deliver tactical communication needs for product teams particularly release notes (eg new features as well as bug fixes).
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, preferably in a B2B SaaS startup environment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong command of the enterprise technology landscape -- deep understanding of SaaS players, buyers, business and pricing models, vocabulary, etc.
- Well developed technical skills for creating sales assets including video and screencast creation/editing, hosting/streaming of videos, embedding in emails, basic web content management skills
- Client-first mindset -- connects client benefits to features and capabilities
- Proactive and entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude
- Eagerness to learn, improve and take advantage of constructive feedback from colleagues
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, balancing strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Experience with channel marketing and sales experience for product partners (ie ServiceNow, Workday, Salesforce) and service partners (ie Accenture, major MSPs) would be a plus.
- BA/BS required
Meet Some of Work Market's Employees
Director Of Product Management
As Director of Product Management, Steve acts as a bridge between the Platform Services Team and the Engineering Team, overseeing big-picture projects, like allocating additional resources for freelancers.
Back to top