Build/Release Engineer (New York, NY)
Who We Are:
Work Market is the leading platform for on-demand workforce management. Our marketplace is providing the biggest brands in the world and freelancing businesses, with a solution that allows both sides to manage an end-to-end contract engagement at scale. We are right in the middle of a rapidly growing freelance economy that will make up 50% of the workforce by 2020.
Our clients are able to expand and contract their workforce based on market demands and allow them to stay relevant and efficient in a competitive marketplace. We provide access to on-demand subject matter experts that allow companies to be productive and efficient. We offer freelancers the ability to have a flexible work schedule and to be selective about their project engagements while also building their portfolio.
The team here is very excited by the idea of redefining the labor model for the 21st century and are passionate about creating the best possible solutions for our customers. It is a large complicated problem to solve and we can’t do it without having the best talent in each of our teams moving forward and thinking outside the box. Technical skills are just as important as creativity, communication, and good teamwork. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital SoftBank Capital, Industry Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank and have recently received $20 million in Series C funding that is being reinvested back into hiring.
As a Release Engineer, you will help manage our source control systems, automate builds and regression testing, create tools and monitoring around all builds, and make sure all builds are done in a consistent and repeatable fashion. This role will require working with development, operations, and product teams to help coordinate the delivery of our features in a way which guarantees the highest amount of quality and performance. You will be an advocate of continuous delivery practices and help evangelize it throughout the company. This is a very important role!
What You Will Do:
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
- Own and operate the deployment tools and processes in collaboration with development team
- Develop strategy to implement, improve and support continuous deployment
- Write code to automate all aspects of the system
- Define, measure and publish key release metrics and monitoring criteria
- Work closely with the engineering team to evolve the application deployment architecture that can scale to support microservices.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years experience in software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems like Git
- Experience with continuous delivery, pipelines, traceability, visualization, and automation around builds
- Skill with one or more scripting languages such as Python/Bash/Ruby/Go
- Experience with JVM languages and build tools like Java, Groovy, Maven, Gradle, Grunt
- Knowledge of measurement and monitoring tools like Graphite, New Relic, Nagios, Sensu
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of TCP/IP stack
- Familiarity microservice architecture - the good, bad and ugly.
- Experience with containers (Docker, rkt) and schedulers (Mesos, Kubernetes, Nomad)
- Familiarity with general security and vulnerability management
Back to top