User Experience Writer Intern - Summer 2019
Workiva is a cloud-based software company that builds best-in-class collaborative applications for enterprise productivity and complex business reporting. We are looking for a UX Writer Intern to partner with the User Experience and Product Teams to produce clear, accurate, and pleasing user assistance, end user documentation, and product copy.
Are you passionate about using words and media to drive great user experience? Does consistency and quality across a company's product and how-to messaging excite you? The UX Writer helps shape the vision and voice of Workiva product.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers, user experience designers, and subject matter experts to support a world class user experience
- Follow audience centered and iterative methods to understand user needs
- Deliver outstanding documentation, user assistance, and product copy
- Help ensure the success of a rapidly growing enterprise user base
What You Should Have:
- Excellent writing, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across multiple cross-functional, geographically distributed teams
- Ability to work effectively with involved stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Uncanny attention to detail and customer focus
- Progress toward BA/BS or MS in Technical Communication, English, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline (or relevant experience)
- Ability to provide a portfolio or writing samples
- Experience in cloud software, human computer interaction, and/or user experience
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
Learn more on our Muse Page
More about Workiva:
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Senior Program Manager
Jason specializes in a specific area of the company’s product offerings. He creates processes to help Workiva’s customer success managers provide the best possible service.
Back to top