User Experience Research Intern
At Workiva we create Wdesk, a best-in-class collaborative solution for enterprise productivity and business reporting. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync and reducing risk. We pride ourselves on bringing a consumer quality user experience to business users by fostering a deep understanding of their needs and by continuously validating solutions with data.
What You'll Do:
User Experience Researchers (UxRs) at Workiva help product teams to make data-informed decisions. UxRs work with user experience designers, engineers, and product managers to plan and execute studies, analyze results, and communicate findings. They employ ethnographic interviews, observations, discovery activities, analytics experiments, and usability tests to name a few. We are seeking an intern with strong qualitative training to join our diverse team of professionals.
What You Should Have:
As a UxR, you are intensely curious. You quickly identify puzzles, then systematically collect, analyze, and interpret relevant data to solve them. When presented with a set of qualitative or quantitative data, you find creative ways to apply it to practical questions. You have a deep understanding of sound research. You possess many of the following characteristics:
- Progress toward a Bachelors or Masters degree in human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, applied anthropology or related field
- A diverse research toolkit, including interviews, questionnaires, usability tests, and more
- Knowledge of qualitative and ethnographic methods
- Ability to communicate findings and recommend action informed by data
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills across disciplines
- Possess superior self-motivation and problem-solving skills
- Progress towards Masters degree preferred
- Interest in software development, cloud applications, productivity applications, or social software
- Strong understanding of user experience principles and methods
- Experience facilitating human subject studies like user testing and interviews
- Candidates with additional statistical, analytics, and other quantitative skills are desired
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Senior Program Manager
Jason specializes in a specific area of the company’s product offerings. He creates processes to help Workiva’s customer success managers provide the best possible service.
Back to top