Strategic Account Manager
The Strategic Account Manager is a hunter at heart, and often Workiva's first contact into a F1000 prospect organization. This person possess the ability to quickly develop a rapport with influencers and decision makers at an executive level, and efficiently spark the curiosity that generates interest in our Wdesk solution. This individual consistently utilizes their ability to engage, listen, challenge, and ask the right questions in a manner that creates a superior prospect/customer experience, and sets the stage for future Workiva product sales. As a rapidly growing SaaS company with high-performance teams and a collaborative culture where employee innovation and ideas are encouraged, this position is vital to Workiva's success.
In this remote-based position, the Strategic Account Manager partners closely with a team of Regional Sales Directors to drive pipeline for existing customers and net new logos. Strategic Account Managers accomplish this objective through a variety of strategies such as: cold calls, warm calls, email campaigns, social selling, conference calls, web-meetings, onsite meetings and referral mining. This person will also help expand current customers by assisting the Regional Sales Directors with add-on business solutions and revenue growth via full sales cycle activities.
What you’ll do:
Provide baseline research and intelligence within target accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information
- Prospect into target F1000 accounts by strategically focused calling efforts, networking, email, e-marketing, campaigns, and social outreach
- Qualify leads/contacts based upon specifically defined criteria to transition meaningful sales leads into the pipeline
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Wdesk, and clearly articulate its capabilities and advantages to decision makers and influencers across multiple business disciplines
- Present high level demonstrations of Wdesk platform that convey business outcomes while considering what is important to different user personas
- Full sales cycle responsibility for expansion of Wdesk platform with current F1000 customers.
- Drive attendance to various events (webinars, roadshows, TEC, conferences, etc.), and provide post-event follow up
- Develop and maintain a current understanding of Workiva’s latest product offerings, and competitive product/market knowledge
- Partner closely with Regional Sales Directors to develop ongoing engagement strategy with assigned customer and prospect accounts to drive revenue goals
- Meet or exceed quarterly goal for number of opportunity targets, revenue, and weekly/monthly performance activity indicators
- Maintain active engagement with existing customers to increase interest in additional uses for the Wdesk platform
- Contribute to critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, CRM maintenance, correspondence, and communications)
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of successful experience in a similar role—preferably experienced in sales development and full cycle closing responsibility for software sales via phone
- CRM and Marketo experience strongly preferred
- Proven track record of creating revenue generating opportunities and quota attainment
- Proven ability to understand and successfully promote technical offerings and solution sets
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top