Software Engineer Intern
Workiva Software Engineers develop best-in-class, next-generation collaborative applications for accounting and finance teams around the world. We hire smart people with a broad set of skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges. We work on problems ranging from real time collaborative editing to distributed map-reduce algorithms to data warehousing on the latest cloud technologies.
Workiva's culture is highly innovative and team-oriented. We encourage autonomy and provide you the opportunity to develop mastery in areas about which you are passionate. As a software engineer at Workiva, you will clearly understand the needs of our customers and the benefits our software provides them and their community. Since we develop and release on extremely fast cycles, you will see your code live, in production, often within days or weeks rather than the months or years as with some companies. We work with the best tools we can find and are always improving ourselves and our process. Candidates should be interested in challenging and improving themselves as a developer and helping your team members to do the same.
- Passion for writing software and learning the latest software development techniques
- Some exposure to programming languages such as Java, Python, C#, or Actionscript
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design
- Additional experience with Objective-C, mobile computing, SQL, Google App Engine, Amazon EC2, database design, knowledge of HTTP and web protocols are a plus
- Work under the direction of a senior developer implementing developer tools or product features - gaining increasing responsibilities as you demonstrate your abilities
- Use our internal tools to track job assignments and complete status updates
- Work with a small team in an Agile development methodology, defining user stories, implementing development tasks, completing code reviews and unit tests, and documenting your work
Where You'll Work:We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
Health & Wellness:Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
Casual Dress:Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Extras:Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
Learn more on our Muse Page
More about Workiva:At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without currently or at any point in the future requiring sponsorship.
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Senior Program Manager
Jason specializes in a specific area of the company’s product offerings. He creates processes to help Workiva’s customer success managers provide the best possible service.
Back to top