Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including 65% of the largest publicly traded companies in the United States. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
As a Software Engineer, you can enjoy the perks of a fast paced, high tech organization in Ames, IA. Our agile environment allows for a flexible environment with an integrated work life. Engineers love solving complex problems with autonomy and authority and are encouraged to stay on top of new technologies. Innovation is the key to our success; we do not get stuck in a rut! Being a customer driven environment, we have seamless daily and weekly releases. You can see your code in production in short order.
This specific opening is for a role on one of our data infrastructure teams. It is a unique blend of software engineering and data science. This team focuses on data leadership and business intelligence; in short, the problem we are trying to solve is how can Workiva provide better data analysis and usability to our customers. This role would be ideal for an engineer with passion around data and statistics who enjoys writing server code. The exciting part of this role is that the team is evolving their tech stack, so you would be able to have input on technologies used to solve problems. Ideal role for a true self-starter!
What You’ll Do:
- Write cutting edge code
- Work on any part of the stack - from very rich, highly complex H5 applications to hugely scalable distributed systems
- Deploy quickly to production
- Work on an agile development team
- Work with other engineers, designers, and test engineers to bring prototypes to life
What You’ll Need:
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- A passion for coding and building complex web applications
- A passion and excitement for mentoring and developing junior engineers
- Proficient in numerous front end and back end languages; expertise as a full stack engineer
- Fluent with the latest web technologies (Python, Java, Go, Docker, NoSQL)
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technologies
- Excellent problem solving skills, great attention to details
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Statistics and data analytics background, passion for data science
- Experience with Hadoop or Spark
- Experience in Machine Learning in Production Environments
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience with Google Compute Engine
- Experience with Docker or other container systems
- Experience with Graph Databases
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top