Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including 70% of the Fortune 500. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
As a Software Engineer, you can enjoy the perks of a fast paced, high tech organization at our headquarters in Ames, Iowa. Our agile environment allows for a flexible environment with an integrated work life. Engineers love solving complex problems with autonomy and authority and are encouraged to stay on top of new technologies. Innovation is the key to our success; we do not get stuck in a rut! Being a customer driven environment, we have seamless daily and weekly releases. You can see your code in production in short order.
What You’ll Do:
- Write cutting edge client code using web technologies.
- Work on the front end of a single page app client platform exposing the functionality of a graph backend to an array of apps.
- Deploy quickly to production
- Work on an agile development team
- Work with other engineers, designers, and test engineers to bring prototypes to life
What You’ll Need:
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- A passion for coding and building complex web applications
- A passion and excitement for mentoring and developing junior engineers
- Proficient in numerous front-end languages; expertise as a front-end engineer
- Fluent with HTML5 web technologies and frameworks (eg. React or Angular or others)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, great attention to details
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Ability to scale solutions
- Experience using Dart and/or React
- Experience with Graph Databases
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience with Docker or other container systems
Where You’ll Work
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Jason C.Senior Program Manager
Jason specializes in a specific area of the company’s product offerings. He creates processes to help Workiva’s customer success managers provide the best possible service.
Back to top