Software Development Intern
Workiva Software Development Interns help develop best-in-class, next-generation collaborative applications for accounting and finance teams around the world. We hire smart people with a broad set of skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges. We work on problems ranging from real time collaborative editing to distributed map-reduce algorithms to data warehousing on the latest cloud technologies.
Workiva's culture is highly innovative and team-oriented. We encourage autonomy and provide you the opportunity to develop mastery in areas about which you are passionate. As a Software Development Intern at Workiva, you will clearly understand the needs of our customers and the benefits our software provides them and their community. Since we develop and release on extremely fast cycles, you will see your code live, in production, often within days or weeks rather than the months or years as with some companies. We work with the best tools we can find and are always improving ourselves and our process. Candidates should be interested in challenging and improving themselves as a developer and helping your team members to do the same.
What You'll Do:
- Work under the direction of a senior developer implementing developer tools or product features - gaining increasing responsibilities as you demonstrate your abilities
- Use our internal tools to track job assignments and complete status updates
- Work with a small team in an Agile development methodology, defining user stories, implementing development tasks, completing code reviews and unit tests, and documenting your work
What You'll Need:
- A passion for writing software and learning the latest software development techniques
- Some exposure to programming languages such as Java, Python, C#, or Actionscript
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design
- Additional experience with Objective-C, mobile computing, SQL, Google App Engine, Amazon EC2, database design, knowledge of HTTP and web protocols are a plus
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top