Software Development Engineer in Test
At Workiva, we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are excited to solve some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea, to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is used by thousands of companies globally and we boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you'll build and utilize cutting-edge testing tools with agile processes to plan and conduct all aspects of testing our software products. SDETs are the predominant contributor for instilling a culture of quality within their team(s). You'll be a member of an agile development team using a number of test frameworks and methodologies to ensure that we provide the best possible experience to our customers through quality driven products and efficient delivery cycles.
What You'll Do:
- Understand the purpose of the product and the customer’s workflow, advocating for quality practices that put the customer’s needs first
- Contribute positively to the company and our culture
- Collaborate closely with product teams and stakeholders to correctly identify issues
- Involvement in planning, grooming, and designing discussions to ensure testable, quality products are built and necessary testing frameworks are identified
- Understand and assist in defining acceptance criteria, and utilize that information to write test requirements. Apply that research and knowledge in the development and implementation of test plans.
- Utilize analytics, telemetry, and other data to drive an understanding of our users
- Create, review, and maintain robust automated testing using Dart, Python, Go, and/or Java
- Engineer tests to verify and validate performance and scale
- Understand and teach the appropriate application and execution of exploratory testing
- Identify successful patterns for producing quality software from communication to release
- Build testing frameworks to test all aspects of the application, including load testing, api testing and memory profiling
- Investigate and spike out ways to improve the test process, including methodologies, frameworks and tools, both as an individual and part of a team of SDETs
- Evangelize and eEducate your teams to understand the most effective & efficient ways to test the product and how to use the tools that have been implemented.
- Break things so we know how to improve them
What You'll Need:
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years of Quality Assurance, test engineering, or development experience, working in an agile or lean environment
- Experience using Selenium or other automated testing tools
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems across distributed teams
- Knowledge of testing interfaces and distributed systems
- Ability to create, execute, and properly communicate automated and manual test plans
- Ability to maintain and configure testing environments
- Ability to build testing frameworks and harnesses
- Desire to improve testing process through constant evaluation and analysis
- Desire to continue growing your skills and knowledge of software development and testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience testing cloud-based applications or distributed systems
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Senior Program Manager
Jason specializes in a specific area of the company’s product offerings. He creates processes to help Workiva’s customer success managers provide the best possible service.
Back to top