The SEO Specialist works closely with teams across the organization to raise brand awareness and drive lead generation through SEO initiatives. This position is responsible for defining requirements and site changes that increase quality traffic, maximize site performance, improve search result listings, and ultimately drive revenue for the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a primary role in our SEO initiatives including audits, keyword research, content and technical recommendations, reporting, analysis, forecasts, and cross-team operational guidance.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Review monthly report data on traffic and rankings, analyze the results, document observations, and make recommendations for adjustments in strategy
- Create and review technical audits; prioritize technical issues and make recommendations for the most effective solutions.
- Identify areas for on-site improvements in site structure, internal linking, and information architecture.
- Collaborate with the web development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Align with the paid search team to maximize synergies between paid and organic search
- Design and conduct rigorous A/B experiments on the effectiveness and efficiency of different SEO actions that will inform long term strategy
- Maintain content and image assets
- Set and maintain content governance standards and tagging/taxonomy structures for web content, tracking programs and other marketing content hosted in our marketing asset portal
- Lead European SEO expansion, sharing best practices with the local teams, with a responsibility to improve rankings and drive more organic traffic.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of experience developing and executing successful SEO practices for large, dynamic global websites (agency experience is a plus)
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, advertising, communications or internship experience in related field is preferred
- Demonstrable track record of business results through SEO strategy
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of SEO, such as how semantic markup and canonicalization of content affect performance
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, including the ability to effectively create and use Advanced Segments and Custom Reports, and diagnose data issues
- Working knowledge of several other SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SpyFu, Moz, and Google Search Console
- Experience in CMS platforms - Drupal is a plus
- Experience working with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata and site speed optimization to optimize website performance.
- Excellent communications (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Where You’ll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more about #WorkivaLife : https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
See Inside the Office of Workiva
Workiva delivers Wdesk, an intuitive cloud platform that modernizes how people work within thousands of organizations, including more than 70% of the Fortune 500. Wdesk is built upon a data management engine, offering controlled collaboration, data integration, granular permissions, and a full audit trail. Wdesk helps mitigate risk, improves productivity, and gives users confidence in their data-driven decisions.
Back to top