Senior Software Engineer
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
To build great software, you need great tools. As a Software Engineer on our Knowledge Services team, you will be charged with the design, development, and management of development-centric tools. This team makes it easier for teams to continuously deploy high-quality software. Our agile environment allows for flexibility with an integrated work life. Engineers love solving complex problems with autonomy and authority and are encouraged to stay on top of new technologies. Innovation is the key to our success; we do not get stuck in a rut! Being a customer driven environment, we have seamless daily and weekly releases. You can see your code in production in short order.
What You’ll Do:
- Write functional, safe, and highly-performant Elm code.
- Help us develop and perfect new design patterns for our Elm codebase.
- Deploy quickly to production, with a focus on using stateless microservices running on AWS Lambda.
- Work on an agile development team that leverages the safety of functional languages to rapidly add features.
- Work on all parts of the stack -- from very rich, highly complex H5 applications to scalable distributed systems.
- Develop frameworks, monitoring tools, and dashboards to increase the speed of release cycles.
- Work with other engineers, designers, and test engineers to bring prototypes to life.
- Work with engineering teams across the company to develop and improve our continuous integration system and other development tools.
What You Should Have:
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- A passion for coding and building complex web applications
- Proficient in numerous front end and back end languages; expertise as a full stack engineer
- Experience in Elm and/or functional programming
- Experience with AWS or Google AppEngine technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills, great attention to details
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Ability to scale solutions
- Experience with Docker or other container systems (lots of bonus points)
- Appreciation of Open Source, and a willingness to submit upstream patches.
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience using Dart and/or React
- Experience with Google Compute Engine
- Experience in Go
- Experience with Graph Databases
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top