Senior Software Architect
At Workiva we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporation by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
As a Software Architect you will work with product teams to turn business requirements into technical implementation plans through prototyping, research, and design; to provide mentoring and technical oversight to a wide range of distributed product teams; and to leverage existing technologies available through Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will work with product management to identify customer needs and requirements
- You will design components, services, and patterns within our microservice-based ecosystem
- Assist product teams in gaining insight through data and analytics to assist in data driven product decisions, both in development and marketing.
- You will work with the architecture group to help define the company’s overall technical vision, architecture principles, and technical strategy.
- You will work with teams to implement agile processes and techniques to enable them to build products consistent with the technical vision and architecture best practices
- Develop strategies and architectures that enable teams to meet goals
- Guide technical direction of company by producing written material, talks and work with teams and individuals to explain company vision to drive shared understanding
- Educate developers on best practices and trends in the industry through mentorship, internal presentations and workshops
- Present content at national conferences on technology trends and best practices in software development, establishing Workiva as a thought leader in software development
- Ensure industry standards in microservices and cloud based architectures are leveraged properly across a range of distributed services\
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, SE or related field required
- 10+ Years of experience in a senior software engineering role
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform (including GAE, GCE, GCS) or Amazon Web Services (including EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS) required
- Experience of Data Analysis, Data Pipelines, Analytics tooling and Machine Learning techniques.
- Expert level programming experience in Python, Java, or Go
- Expertise in design, development, and support of Microservices / Distributed Systems
- Expertise in data modeling and database systems (both relational and noSQL systems)
- Expertise in system design patterns to produce systems that are robust, scalable, and highly performant
- Experience in RESTful, library, or system API design and implementation expertise a must.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal
Where You’ll Work:
We're a fun, smart group that likes to celebrate our successes! We have been honored with numerous awards such as ‘2017 Most Innovative Company of the Year’ and ‘One of the Best Places to Work in IT’.
Back to top