At Workiva, we are committed to greatness and strive to provide best-in-class customer service. Our software and support should leave our customers with a “Wow!” impression. That's where you fit in. As a part of our Information Technology Salesforce team, you will help re-engineer and continuously improve the value Salesforce.com brings to Workiva.
You will be involved in designing, developing, testing and deploying Salesforce functionality. Individuals in this role have a passion for writing refined code and a desire to constantly refactor and improve the Salesforce experience for our customers and co-workers. If you are ready to build great user experiences within the Salesforce application while being encouraged to experiment and innovate then this is the job for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues based on existing technology in a timely fashion
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (user stories) with team members and customers
- Work directly with Technical Lead and key business users to understand business processes, advise on how Salesforce.com can best meet business requirements, and recommend best practices for implementing a solution.
- Build custom declarative and programmatic applications on the Force.com platform
- Ensure timely delivery of technical solutions while following development best practice to ensure long-term viability and scalability of customizations.
- Design data models, user interfaces, business logic and security for custom applications
What You'll Need
- 3+ years Salesforce development experience
- Administrator and Platform Developer certifications highly desired
- Deep knowledge of Apex and Visualforce
- Demonstrated experience building custom Apex triggers, Visualforce pages, and workflows within Salesforce.
- Experience implementing the Salesforce Lightning Experience
- Salesforce Community Cloud knowledge a plus
- Experience working in Agile development teams using SCRUM
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle, exposure to database development, and design pattern skills
- B.A./B.S. degree required in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top