Regional Sales Director - New York State Government
Led by an action-driven leadership team, employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the public and private sector market. We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Workiva was recently awarded the FedRAMP Authorization to Operate designation and is rapidly growing in the State, Local and Higher Education space, as well as the Federal market.
The Regional Sales Director— State and Local Government (RSD SLED) is accountable for driving sales of our Wdesk platform, services, and solutions to target prospects in State, Local and Higher Education through strategic conversations at all levels within these organizations. The RSD will also focus on expanding opportunities within our existing customer base to incrementally increase sales volume via additional Workiva solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Prospect and close new business opportunities and expand opportunities within existing customers.
- Conduct needs analysis to uncover cross-selling opportunities.
- Plan and execute sales strategy.
- Provide consistent and accurate sales forecast.
- Work with Sales Development Representatives to generate initial customer interest.
- Probe for objections, remove obstacles and eliminate barriers to gain commitment.
- Naturally lead the sales process to a close by demonstrating Workiva's superior value proposition.
- Maintain the customer relationship as well as grow the business.
- Collaborate with a growing network of contracting partners.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of solution selling – Software as a Service model preferred
- Technology and/or SaaS sales experience required,
- Experience selling into State and Local Government and Higher Education (SLED market) directly and via reseller channels required
- Executive level experience and established network of contacts highly desirable
- A./B.S. degree preferred
- Executive presence; ability to communicate at the most senior level
- Ability to effectively demonstrate software applications
- Ability to manage multiple complex sales cycles simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize selling activities and follows through in a timely fashion
- Understanding of the Software as a Service business model
- Ability to negotiate pricing with a focus on retaining value
- Must be able to commute to Albany and/or NYC 2-3x weekly for customer meetings
See Inside the Office of Workiva
Workiva delivers Wdesk, an intuitive cloud platform that modernizes how people work within thousands of organizations, including more than 70% of the Fortune 500. Wdesk is built upon a data management engine, offering controlled collaboration, data integration, granular permissions, and a full audit trail. Wdesk helps mitigate risk, improves productivity, and gives users confidence in their data-driven decisions.
Back to top