Regional Sales Director - Capital Markets
The Regional Sales Director - Capital Markets is responsible for obtaining new business from Executive level buyers and influencers in either private or publicly traded companies. Successful candidates will build relationships and identify Workiva products and services that meet customer needs to drive customer acquisition within a specific geography or industry. Sales growth is attained through new and existing customer subscriptions, professional services, and set up and training.
What You'll Do:
- Prospects new business by conducting research to identify key decision makers and influencers within target accounts, such CFOs, GCs and company advisors (i.e. Law firm, Accounting Firm, Investment Bank, etc.)
- Presents to Customers: Uses the facts found in the needs analysis phase to present a compelling demonstration of the Workiva suite of products
- Handles Objections: Skillfully probes for objections and removes obstacles or eliminates barriers to gain commitment; understands the difference between a stall and an objection
- Closes Sales: Naturally leads the sales process to a close by demonstrating Workiva superior value proposition
- Negotiates the Sale: Facilitates successful outcomes to optimize profits
- Reports Customer Contacts: Updates customer relationship management tools regularly and timely
- Forecasts Sales: Provides consistent and accurate forward-looking information through pipeline analysis
- Plans Sales Strategy: Plans and executes sales strategy with purposeful action to complete the sale
- Optimizes Internal Resources: Gathers internal support to pursue an account
- Prioritizes selling activities and follows through in a timely fashion
- Maintains a strong knowledge of Workiva products through a commitment to ongoing training
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of solution selling to Executives – Software as a Service model, a plus
- Consulting background or experience working with advisory firms
- Familiarity with Capital Markets (Pre-IPO/Secondary Markets/M&A)
- Proven experience working with C-level decision makers and the office of the CFO
- A./B.S. degree preferred
Where You'll Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even five dog-friendly offices.
- Learn more on our Muse Page
Back to top