Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
The Presales Solution Engineer serves as the technical and solution expert to assist in mapping our customer's needs to our application across one or more domain areas.
The Solutions Engineer acts as a true Sales partner, leading technical discussions on sales calls with customers and providing Subject Matter Expertise for marketing through trade show attendance, presentations, product channel trainings, and webinar presentations and hosting.
What is the software (Wdesk and Wdata):
Wdesk, Workiva's cloud-based platform, synchronizes all the core application needs word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and data collection—into a single dashboard that allows users to interact in real time and link both documents and data together, dramatically enhancing efficiencies within an Organization’s Finance function. Wdata, a complimentary Wdesk product, centralizes financial and nonfinancial data from diverse sources into a cloud solution. Data is gathered, prepared and enriched before connecting to Wdesk for reporting and analysis. Wdesk and Wdata can be used across Financial Reporting, FP&A, Audit, Internal Controls and Tax.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Regional Sales Directors, Solutions Architects and Customer Success teams to work with customers to determine their challenges and requirements
- Drive the discovery process and create custom demo solutions for customers and prospective customers
- Offers subject matter expertise in Workiva technology and solutions, and demonstrate how we can the customer's goals and objectives.
- Engage customers and Drive discovery of needs aligned to Workiva Capabilities.
- Leverage SME in technology and solutions to align to the customer's need.
- Recommend a solution based on fact-finding and demonstrate the solution for the customer.
- Ensures smooth transition to ensure success and validate goals.
- Qualifies, develops, and helps close opportunities leveraging cross organizational team members.
- Develops expertise across multiple domain areas developing working knowledge of industries, departments, and use cases where Workiva can have an impact.
- Work with sales to build and present business cases and proposals for customers and prospects that articulate Workiva’s value and ROI
- Broadly shares subject matter, application, technical, market and customer insights and experience.
- Ensures customer success by working with Workiva Client Services team for smooth onboarding and long term success.
What You'll Need:
- 5 years’ experience in Big 4 (or similar environment) in Audit (incl. Internal Controls frameworks), Transactions Advisory and/or Consulting
- Comprehensive understanding of the internal processes of a company’s finance function across financial reporting, internal audit and/or FP&A is required
- Experience with business intelligence technologies, databases or data management platforms desired (SAP, Oracle, Workday etc.)
- Experience engaging with and presenting to Executives and Business Managers
- Creative, entrepreneurial mind-set
- Proven problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Determined, roll up your sleeves attitude
- Excellent client facing presentation
- Proven project and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, successfully multi-tasking and determining priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel, approx. 50%
- Fluency in both German and English
Where you’ll work:
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you can truly impact the future of an innovative company? If so, this is it! Rapidly growing throughout Europe, we are searching for talented and driven people that can help us build our future at Workiva!
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with competitive compensation and benefits.
Learn more on the Workiva LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/life/
See Inside the Office of Workiva
Workiva delivers Wdesk, an intuitive cloud platform that modernizes how people work within thousands of organizations, including more than 70% of the Fortune 500. Wdesk is built upon a data management engine, offering controlled collaboration, data integration, granular permissions, and a full audit trail. Wdesk helps mitigate risk, improves productivity, and gives users confidence in their data-driven decisions.
Back to top