Pre-Sales Solution Engineer
Presales Solution Engineer
Delivering an exceptional customer experience requires that we first seek to understand our customers, their business challenges and goals, then clearly communicate how Workiva’s platform and technologies can help. This position serves as the technical and solution expert within the Sales team to assist in mapping a customer’s needs to our application across multiple domain areas.
Working as part our high performance sales organization, the Pre-Sales Solution Engineer will work alongside Regional Sales Directors to do discovery with customers, understand their business processes, identify areas where Workiva’s technologies can help and provide software demonstrations tailored to their needs across a variety of solution areas related to financial and business reporting, compliance, ERM, SOX, Audit and more.
If you have an aptitude for learning technology, and you get excited about working with customers and prospects to show them how innovative cloud technologies can transform their business, then this is the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Become an Expert - Build technical and application expertise of Workiva’s innovative cloud-technology platform and the domain areas our customers adopt it to successfully reinvent their business processes.
- Work as a Team - Work with Regional Sales Directors as a pre-sales resource to engage customers and prospects via web or onsite meetings, drive the discovery process and identify areas where we can align Workiva solutions to address customer/prospect needs.
- Design Solutions – Using your problem solving skills, technology expertise and needs analysis, you will design an approach or business solution to meet the customer's goals and objectives.
- Solution Demos - Develop and deliver compelling presentations of Workiva’s technology platform to customers using standard or customized software demonstrations to provide proof of our technology’s impact and compelling value proposition.
- Build Business Cases – Work with sales to build and present business cases and proposals for customers and prospects that articulate Workiva’s value and ROI.
- Ensure Customer Success – Work with Workiva Client Services and Customer Success to ensure smooth onboarding of customers and their long term success with our SAAS platform.
- Drive Innovation – Keep up on Workiva technology innovations as well as customer requirements to provide feedback loop on customer and market needs to our Product Management and Development groups.
What you’ll need:
- Appx 5+ years’ experience in technology related field, Prior software presales experience required
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to learn and apply technologies to address business challenges.
- Knowledge of process improvement or process reengineering concepts.
- Background in financial reporting, business reporting and analysis, and experience with business intelligence technologies, databases or data management platforms strongly desired (SAP, Oracle, Workday preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Technology strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of office productivity suites including MS Office, Google Docs and others.
- Strong understanding of how businesses use spreadsheets to organize and manipulate data using formulas.
- 50-70% travel to meet customers, internal trainings and attend conferences
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top