Infrastructure and Reliability Intern
At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity, risk, and compliance. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
We believe great systems are the result of elegant design, simple solutions, and superb collaboration with some of the best teams in the industry. We believe in small, empowered teams. We promote openness through open source contributions (github.com/workiva). We are committed to consistently pushing boundaries to create powerful, innovative solutions to real-world problems based directly on customer feedback.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in a rotation of infrastructure software development and operations work.
- Architect, implement, and support infrastructure tooling and services in AWS and Google.
- Develop standards and procedures to maintain consistent practices for administration of production applications and systems.
- Collaborate and consult with development teams and support engineers to resolve critical issues and assist in design decisions and best practices regarding cloud technologies.
- Work with cloud vendors and external technical support on upgrades, problem resolution, and design issues.
- Monitor, maintain, and enhance systems to ensure optimal performance and availability of cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Get exposure to an exciting variety of languages, operating systems, virtualization and cloud technologies, system and design architectures, networking infrastructure, big data and most of the other cutting edge buzzwords. Did we mention containers?
What You’ll Need:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Google App Engine
- Previous software development experience
- Ability to quickly triage problems, identify root causes, and drive issue resolution
- Currently pursuing B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- Insatiable appetite for free soda, freshly-squeezed orange juice, and Starbucks coffee
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, Kinesis, ECS, Cloud Formation
- Knowledge of git, chef, and Docker
- Experience with systems performance tuning and load testing
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top