Human Resources Business Partner
Workiva is hiring a Human Resources Business Partner. This individual will partner primarily with the Workiva Sales and Marketing groups to understand short-term and long-term business goals, and to develop and deliver talent management programs in support of them. This role has responsibilities for matters including but not limited to employee relations, change management, performance management, employee engagement, coaching, retention, and succession planning. The HR Business Partner plays a critical role in nurturing the Workiva culture by encouraging positive relations between employees and by modeling open communication and effective teamwork.
What You Will Do:
- Establish excellent relationships with business leaders and employees in assigned internal client groups to build understanding of their challenges, opportunities, and needs.
- Design and implement talent solutions that align with challenges, opportunities, and needs and drive positive changes across the organization.
- Partner with appropriate subject matter experts from the HR department to consult with assigned internal client group on matters such as talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, compensation, and employee administration.
- Influence talent decisions by keeping a pulse on the business, teams, local market, and industry, while identifying gaps in current talent to help leaders anticipate and plan for future needs.
- Extend advice and coach employees and management on human resources issues including conflict resolution, company policy interpretation, and management principles.
- Interpret and leverage data to problem-solve and drive talent priorities.
- Influence organizational design decisions and contribute to change management and communication plans.
- Conduct investigations into employee issues to ensure that employee issues are resolved.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and advice as an innovative problem-solver in performance related matters. Ensure legal compliance and mitigate risk.
- Coordinate necessary training for the professional development of managers and employees.
- Coach and train managers to establish and maintain a positive culture and engaging work environment.
- Lead and manage employee engagement activities.
- Foster the company’s employee-centric culture, encouraging open and transparent communications.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze exit interview data to identify trends and areas for improvement, and collaborate with managers to implement solutions based on exit interview feedback.
- Update and monitor adherence to HR policies/procedures and timelines; ensure legal compliance.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- 5-7 years progressive responsibility in human resources disciplines including employee relations, change management, compensation, diversity, organizational development, and performance management.
- Strong preference for previous human resources experience supporting sales and marketing.
- Preferred experience in a global high growth software company.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with key business partners and all levels of employees across the company, including executive management.
- Strong ability to coach, provide advice, influence, and facilitate healthy dialogue.
- Highly effective leadership and strategic influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to translate strategic initiatives into operational plans.
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement.
- Able to work in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and good judgment. Must handle highly sensitive matters in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues independently, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret federal and state employment laws.
- Enthusiasm to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Where You Will Work:
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Purchase company stock at a 15% discounted rate.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Work-life Balance: Start with 40 hours of paid time off on your first day, accruing up to 120 in your first year and increases based on years of service. Many departments allow team members to work remotely on an as needed basis.
- Health & Wellness: Need a break? Hit the relaxation room, or take a bike ride.
- Extras: Free healthy snacks and drinks, Friday social hours with stocked fridges, awesome team outings, and even four dog-friendly offices (Ames, Bozeman, Missoula and New York City).
- Learn more on our Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva
Back to top