Financial Reporting Intern
Workiva is searching for a talented Financial Reporting Intern to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to get direct hands-on experience in financial reporting while working at a high-energy software company. The right candidate will be a junior, senior or graduate student pursuing a degree in Accounting.
What You'll Do:
- Create and implement SEC reporting files for public companies using industry leading software
- Apply XBRL tagging information to financial statements and statement footnotes
- Tie-out XBRL tagging information within financial statements and statement footnotes to ensure accuracy prior to filing deadline
- Support Customer Success Managers, Professional Services Managers, and Directors while learning the core aspects of each position
- Interns holding this position may also have the opportunity to test new features for Quality Assurance purposes and work with teams on special projects.
What You'll Need:
- Grade Point Average of 3.2 or higher
- Field of Study: Accounting, pursuing Bachelor's or Masters
- Must be technically savvy and demonstrate a high level of competency using spreadsheets, word processing, and presentation software
- Strong communication and leadership skills demonstrated through leadership positions in community, school, or other programs
- Professional, outgoing, energetic personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Attention to detail and follow-through are required
- Must be available to work 15-20 hours per work during the semester, full-time during breaks
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top