Director of Talent Acquisition
The Director of Talent Acquisition will develop and implement the talent acquisition strategy to support rapid and significant growth over the next few years, strengthen the recruiting model and programs, ensure we have robust diversity and employer brand programs and manage and scale the team to deliver on current and planned hiring needs. Qualified candidates must be strong, experienced leaders comfortable defining and driving recruiting processes and programs around constantly changing priorities and expected hiring demands while partnering with leadership and hiring managers to achieve the company's hiring goals in alignment with our company values.
This position is based in our headquarters office of Ames, Iowa with a relocation package available.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and deliver, in partnership with internal customers, an effective talent strategy to source and attract the highest caliber talent to support our company strategy, as well as current and future growth
- Build strong, credible relationships with senior leaders, hiring managers, critical stakeholders, and partners, operating as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert
- Promote teamwork with sound interpersonal skills, develops strong business relationships and inspires teams to achieve hiring objectives that align with the overall business strategy
- Establish and report on meaningful recruiting metrics to measure team and recruiting effectiveness and provides data-driven, actionable insights
- Evaluate, implement and ensure effectiveness of sourcing channels and data quality of ATS
- Serve as a speaker and influencer on recruitment practices and culture
- Create and deliver an extraordinary candidate and new hire experience
- Own and drive our diversity and employer brand initiatives
- Personally handle recruitment on certain key positions and is an outstanding hands-on contributor
- Manage a growing Talent Acquisition team
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of broad recruiting and business experience required, with at least 3 years managing a recruiting function in a fast-paced, high demand recruiting environment; preferably in the tech industry
- Demonstrated talent acquisition leadership, exceptional management skills, and ability to grow and develop a high-performing recruiting function
- Strong track record demonstrating superior ability to source and attract top talent, assess capability for both technical and interpersonal fit, negotiate offers and seal the deal to deliver well-qualified candidates in every assignment
- Working knowledge of employer branding best practices, including development and implementation of an EVP throughout the talent acquisition strategy and recruiting practices
- Working knowledge of diversity best practices and implementation of diversity strategy into the company recruiting processes that drive results in this area
- Bachelors degree in business, human resources or equivalent professional experience preferred. MBA or related graduate level work/degree a plus.
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top