Director of Strategic Partnerships
Director of Strategic Partnerships
Led by an action-driven leadership team, employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference.
Working remotely, the Director of Strategic Partnerships is the driving force in the establishment, growth, and management of strategic partnerships and alliance relationships with Big 4, Top 100 Advisory & Consulting Firms (to include those providing co-source and outsourced advisory services). The successful candidate will lead a high performing team of Regional Sales Directors accountable for driving revenue growth via sales of our Wdesk solution with and through our partner community. In this role, you will own the rhythm of the cadence of our sales cycle, and will improve joint success through strategic initiatives at the leadership level and working cross-functionally to promote the value of our partnerships and alliances.
You will be on the front end of developing and executing partner strategy, and will work closely with Regional Sales Directors, Marketing, Product Development, Customer Success, and Sales Operations to ensure program success.
What you’ll do:
- Directly manage and coach a team of Regional Partner Sales Directors to achieve and exceed revenue targets.
- Identify target partner categories and firms to complement and expand the reach and attractiveness of Workiva’s platform solution.
- Define mutually agreed upon outcomes/metrics, and obtain partner commitments relative to technology development, marketing, and sales.
- Identify and secure new target partnerships, and maintain a strict cadence to drive revenue with and through existing software partner relationships.
- Take ownership of key partner related escalations and issues in cooperation with internal Workiva departments.
- Distill multiple stakeholder needs into an actionable set of priorities, and compelling, data-driven arguments.
- Coordinate with Marketing to develop territory marketing plans, and participate in events.
- Manage and report on targets/KPI’s, actively tracking joint sales pipeline to measure success of the partnership and meet/exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Focus on lead generation and top of funnel activities in order to drive leads and opportunities to sell Wdesk through indirect sales channels.
- Complete management of named partners including leveraged sales bookings, direct revenue, expansion of programs, identification of needs and delivery of solutions to partner personnel, executive level relationship management, escalations, co-marketing programs, and all other aspects of partner account management.
- Develop and execute sales plans including strategy and tactical partner account management execution plans.
- Drive partner adoption by engaging with high level executives and strategic thinkers across organization.
- Responsible for understanding partners’ end markets, and using competitive insights to create actionable partner plans and leveraging/extending product nuances into strategic recommendations to deliver success within vertical markets.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years partner/alliance program leadership experience in a Software, or SaaS company.
- Extensive experience leading alliances with Big 4 and Top Tier Consulting & Advisory firms
- Proven track record of success driving revenue via direct and partner influenced opportunities.
- Proven history of meeting or exceeding quota via alliance-related functions
- Superior communication skills, and a strong background in strategic, consultative selling.
- Experience with multiple technological platforms and high technical acumen
- Ability to foster a team selling environment, both internally and externally.
- Travel 40-60%
- B.A./ B.S. degree preferred, MBA a plus
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Senior Program Manager
Jason specializes in a specific area of the company’s product offerings. He creates processes to help Workiva’s customer success managers provide the best possible service.
Back to top