Data Solutions Engineer
At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
The Data Solutions Engineer drives customer adoption of Wdesk by creating cutting-edge software tools to support Client Services delivery teams. This individual works closely with the Solutions Architect and Customer Success teams to develop internal-facing tools integral to scaling customer implementations. The Data Solutions Engineer brings the latest Wdesk technologies to market.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of software tools that support integration of large, complex customer data sets for integration into existing and future Wdesk solutions
- Lead data solution adoption activities and supports future functional enhancement requests
- Integrate with various Workiva teams including Client Services, R&D, Data Science, and Product Management
- Partner with Product Development Engineers, UX Designers, and Test Engineers to bring products to life - teamwork extraordinaire!
- Analyze existing processes with opportunities to automate systems and formulate new logic processes
- Offer deep insights into customer data through exploratory data analysis and visualization
- Create clear documentation including flowcharts, specifications, and wiki content
- Recommend solutions that leverage the customer service industry’s best practices and maximize the data platform capabilities
- Travel 40% for training, team meetings, conferences, and customer engagements
What You’ll Need
- Fluent in C#, Java, R, Python, Dart, NodeJS
- Experience with Git/Github or other distributed VCS
- Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working as part of an Agile Development Team
- Passion for data analytics, new technologies, and customer relationships
- Customer facing skills, influential skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at one time in a fast-paced change environment
- Ability to travel 40%
- Experience with Dell Boomi
- Experience with NoSQL or Graph Databases
- Experience developing data analysis, visualization and reporting software preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in C.S., Engineering, or Mathematics
Where You'll Work:
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top