Data Engineer Intern
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
We are a rapidly growing technology company that builds collaborative, cloud-based applications for financial and executive teams. We are now hiring for a Data Engineer Internship. This unique position offers a great springboard into an amazing career! Throughout the internship, you’ll have the opportunity to focus on a variety of tasks involving large data sets and modeling.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Maintaining and enhancing existing data sources
- Design and build new data sets for modeling, data mining, and production purposes.
- Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, and custom analysis.
- Perform and interpret data studies and product experiments concerning new data sources or new uses for existing data sources.
What You’ll Need:
- Senior or Graduate School student in the process of obtaining an advanced degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, or related industry experience
- Familiar with Spark, MongoDB, Postgres
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby)
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
- Data-oriented personality with good scripting and/or programming skills
- Familiar with real-time streaming data
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms including regressions, decision trees, clustering, and neural networks
Meet Some of Workiva's Employees
Group Delivery Manager
Mike clears roadblocks for his Development Teams, helping them root out issues and find solutions while adhering to agile processes—in addition to leading a team of delivery managers.
Back to top