Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) supports Regional Sales Directors within a given geography or market segment by setting appointments with key decision makers to showcase our products. The BDM is responsible for delivering new business opportunities to the organization through lead generation, cold calling, researching, and data gathering/mining. Individuals holding this position work closely with Regional Sales Directors to develop a strategic approach for meeting the revenue targets and goals set forth by management. All information to targets/accounts is documented in the customer relationship management tool.
What you’ll do:
- Works an assigned geographical territory made up of different market segments
- Conducts a high level of outbound calls to C-level decision makers to gain initial interest in Workiva products and services that opens the door for scheduling demonstrations for Regional Sales Directors
- Set customer appointments
- Researches, identifies and establishes lucrative target contacts for Workiva products and services through various methods and resources
- Tracks and maintains gathered information, utilizes research and conducts outbound calls to set appointments for Regional Sales Directors
- Partners with Regional Sales Directors to develop a strategic approach for meeting revenue targets for the territory
- Provides data management within customer relationship management tools to ensure proper documentation, internal tracking and reporting
- Maintains strong knowledge of Workiva products through a commitment to ongoing training
- Set customer appointments
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Marketing, Partnerships and Sales to develop and maintain account plans.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of successful experience in a similar role—preferably experienced in inside sales, sales development, prospecting or pipeline development
- 2+ years lead generation, cold calling experience of which 50% or greater of time was spent cold calling required
- 2+ years prospecting into C-Level Executives
- Salesforce, Marketo or other CRM experience strongly preferred
- Excellent phone presence with strong ability to gain commitment of time from prospects for appointments
- Ability to cold call and penetrate various levels of the organization
- Strong multi-tasking abilities; outbound calls are often a mix between Regional Sales Directors and market segments
- Ability to juggle multiple screens with logistical information pertaining to meeting availability of each Regional Sales Director
- Ability to manage large account lists for multiple Regional Sales Directors, selling multiple products, throughout EMEA
- Ability to grasp new markets/products and concepts quickly and efficiently
- Strong time management skills with the ability to stay organized
- Excellent follow up skills - you need to always be on top of your game
Where you’ll work
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you can truly impact the future of an innovative company? If so, this is it! Rapidly growing throughout Europe, we are searching for talented and driven people that can help us build our future at Workiva!
We firmly believe our people are our greatest assets, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to not only make a difference, but BE the difference. Employees at Workiva develop and provide cutting-edge solutions and services to the business market. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva offers a creative culture and open-minded leadership. We want you to thrive, which is why we provide you with perks like:
- Vacation time off (PTO): Total PTO is comprised of 25 day, plus 8 public holidays and New Years Eve.
- Cycle to Work plan: Workiva provides the Cycle to Work facility which allows you to purchase a bike up to the value of £1,000 and pay for this via a salary-sacrifice arrangement.
- Volunteer time off (VTO): All regular full-time Workiva employees received eight hours of VTO to use each calendar year. VTO can be used for time spent volunteering for community events and activities that take place during the normal work day. VTO does not carry over from year to year and will not be paid out if unused. VTO must be requested and recorded in the company's timekeeping system.
- Paid Health Insurance: Workiva will pay 100% of the Private Medical and Dental Insurance premiums in respect of your membership and you may add family members to the plan with 50% of the cost for these members.
- Workiva Restricted Stock Unit (RSU) Grants: Workiva provides RSUs to all regular full-time employees upon employment.
- Pension: Workiva offers an industry competitive UK based pension plan.
Back to top