Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance?
WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, accounting and advisory firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today’s modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
The National Office Principal is responsible for managing technical accounting and auditing matters in the Firm, including research and overseeing quality in the Firm’s accounting and auditing practice to ensure compliance with professional standards. The National Office Principal is responsible for developing and maintaining firm processes and publications, assisting engagement teams with the resolution of highly complex or contentious issues through the consultation process, reviewing financial statements, mentoring staff on technical audit and accounting issues, and assisting with overall Firm regulatory compliance. In addition, this position will require a strong understanding of select industry practices in order to assist engagement teams in identifying and communicating performance enhancements for the client. This position is also requires continuous improvements of quality control in all financial reporting services to help minimize Firm risk. National Office Principal are responsible for overseeing multiple projects and engagements simultaneously.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Functioning as a Firm resource on the research of technical issues involving complex accounting, auditing, and other regulatory matters
- Creating and implementing specific proactive Firm-wide policies and concepts that continuously improve the quality of our Audit and Accounting practice
- Reviewing position papers and working papers for highly complex or contentious accounting transactions
- Preparing position papers and implementation guidance regarding newly issued technical pronouncements
- Reviewing financial statements of commercial and financial service clients for compliance with professional and Firm standards, including engagement team interaction
- Assisting in the planning and execution of various projects to provide support in connection with our Peer Review and other regulatory inspections
- Advising regarding existing or potential financial reporting or auditing issues
- Assisting with other specific technical projects as requested, such as independence matters, research projects, Quality Control Document revisions, training initiatives, etc.
- Demonstrating competency of technical skills, work quality, and the application of professional and Firm standards
- Maintaining professional and appropriate conduct; with the ability to act as a Firm representative in various situations
- Promoting and monitoring compliance with regulations and ethical standards set forth by the Firm and other governing bodies
- Developing professionally through reading, attending trainings/seminars/CPE, and accepting challenging projects
- Understanding general business trends and how they may relate to client needs/issues
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
- 10+ years of progressively challenging Public Accounting experience
- CPA Licensure
- Ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues, including GAAP, GAAS, SSARS (compilation and review), SEC and PCAOB regulations
- Excellent current technical GAAP and GAAS knowledge; possession of current CPE reflecting up-to-date technical knowledge
- Experience with commercial entities, financial services entities and employee benefit plan audits
- Knowledge of independence standards and quality control standards of the AICPA
- Experience with SEC and PCAOB filings
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Willingness to assist in development of staff and other recruiting initiatives
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
We are open to having the right candidate work remotely or in any one of our major office locations.
The compensation for this position will vary by location. If you reside in California, Washington State, or Washington, D.C., please see below. In addition to the base compensation, Withum offers a competitive benefits package and bonus program (for eligible roles) based on individual and firm performance. Final offer amounts are based on multiple factors such as the specific role, hiring location, as well as the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications. For additional information on our benefits, visit our website at https://www.withum.com/careers/.
California/Washington State ranges are from $150,000 - $225,000
Washington, D.C. ranges are from $135,000 - $195,000
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Remotely anywhere within the United States except the States of Colorado & New York.