Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance?
Withum is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today’s modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum’s Engagement services are the cornerstone of our firm. Withum’s team possess the expertise necessary to give stakeholders confidence in financial information. This team provides audit & accounting services, Review and compilation services and other agreed upon procedures to a variety of client sizes and industries.
We’re currently seeking a Government Contract Services Senior Accountant to be based out of our Washington D.C office. You'll work alongside an integrated team of seasoned, well-known CPAs and industry leaders.
Withum’s brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You’ll Spend Your Time:
- Performing and documenting the monthly accounting close for a portfolio of clients; including, transaction postings, account reconciliations, creating supplemental schedules
- Researching, documenting, and resolving reconciliation variances
- Preparing and maintaining formal workpapers
- Preparing Incurred Cost Submissions, Provisional Rate Calculations, Forward Pricing, Indirect Cost Rate Models
- Preparing/compiling financial statements
- Preparing corporate and project budgets and forecasts
- Preparing trend analysis of P&L and indirect cost rates
- Validating the classification, allocability, and allowability of cost based on cost accounting standards
- Ensuring client’s accounting process is compliant with Acquisition Regulations, Accounting Standard Codifications, and industry best practices
- Performing assessments of accounting systems; identifying gaps, providing recommendations, and implementing solutions
- Performing 1408 assessments and business system reviews based of DCAA/DCMA standards
- Designing and implementing internal controls based on the Internal Control Integrated Framework (COSO)
- Establishing and documenting policies and procedures
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 4+ years of financial reporting, cost accounting, project-based accounting, public accounting, and/or, consulting experience
- 4+ years of federal government contracting experience
- Ability to perform full lifecycle accounting (Revenue, Expenditure, Production, Payroll, and Financing cycles)
- Proficient with Unanet, Deltek (Costpoint, Vision, Vantagepoint), and/or JAMIS Prime
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel and/or Power BI developing financial models
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP, FAR, CFR, DFARS, ASC
- Working knowledge of 48 CFR Part 31 (FAR part 31), 2 CFR Part 200, 48 CFR Part 99
- Detailed and results-oriented and ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with limited direction/supervision
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and career driven
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and project management skills
The compensation for this position will vary by location. If you reside in Washington, D.C., please see below. In addition to the base compensation, Withum offers a competitive benefits package and bonus program (for eligible roles) based on individual and firm performance. Final offer amounts are based on multiple factors such as the specific role, hiring location, as well as the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications. For additional information on our benefits, visit our website at https://www.withum.com/careers/.
Washington, D.C. ranges are from $80,000 - $95,000
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.