Email Marketing Manager
Each month The Wirecutter helps millions of people by comprehensively researching and testing products in dozens of categories to select the very best among them for our readers. As the email marketing manager, your role will be to set and execute the email strategy for Wirecutter. This role requires creativity, an analytic mind, basic presentation skills, and an understanding of ecommerce and preferably affiliate marketing. You should have a strategic and analytic approach to developing the business and always looking at how you can improve results.
You will report to the Head of Revenue and be responsible for supporting the goals of the Wirecutter business. You'll work closely across all departments including editorial, audience development, marketing, revenue and product. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a mature but growing team at a time of business growth at Wirecutter. This is a New York based role
- Drive the editorial email calendar across Wirecutter. Coordinate with editorial, revenue and growth teams to improve traffic back to the site and /or drive revenue direct affiliate revenue.
- Develop and execute email subscriber acquisition campaigns to continue to grow the email list. This includes on-site campaigns, management of sweepstakes and paid marketing tactics.
- Identify success metrics so that you can analyze performance drivers in order to formulate actionable insight so that we can achieve company goals
- Develop A/B and MVT testing programs to optimize engagement and revenue employing a rigorous test, measure and iterate approach to drive continuous improvement of our success metrics.
- Report on progress against goals and relevant email metrics to senior management
- Implement list segmentation strategies so that Wirecutter can execute use different tactics specific audiences
- Build HTML newsletters based on existing templates, create/code new email templates, QA email test proofs, set audience targeting rules and deploy campaigns.
- Work closely with the merchandising teams in the creation and implementation of email campaigns and facilitating the growth of new ideals and mail streams.
- Manage newsletter and commerce email production
- Collaborate with the Wirecutter team to innovate email products based upon user demand and industry trends
- 5+ years in Email Marketing, eCommerce, Affiliate Marketing, Content Marketing or Customer Relationship Management
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years' experience leading a team
- Ability to run a digital marketing program end-to-end
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMif statements, etc.).
- Strong written communication skills and ability to convey recaps and plans to senior leadership
- Excellent time-management skills, organization and project management skills
- Experience with writing and copyediting
- HTML/CSS coding experience - specifically for email
- Experience with enterprise level email platforms, such as: MailChimp, Lyris, Zeta, ExactTarget, YesMail, Cheetah Mail, Strong Mail, Bronto or similar
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- A deep understanding of direct marketing principles
- Have high standards and a high attention to detail
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- NYC based
If you are an an active employee at The New York Times or any affiliates (excluding INYT), please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "Find Internal Jobs". Thank you!
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Wirecutter's Employees
As Editor-in-Chief of both Wirecutter and The Sweethome, Jacqui oversees editorial strategy for both publications. She’s responsible for determining the target audience for different pieces of content.
Back to top