Affiliate Account Manager
Each month The Wirecutter helps millions of people by exhaustively researching and testing products in dozens of categories to select the very best among them for our readers. As the affiliate manager, part of your role is to manage the best merchants for those products and services, with a heavy emphasis on revenue. You will be responsible for proactively developing and building relationships with partners across our affiliate networks in electronics, home goods, and outdoor gear. You will also solicit direct relationships with partners that do not have established affiliate programs. You will oversee and coordinate campaigns through all phases of launch and maintenance, including price negotiations, contract review, trafficking, reporting, analysis, and optimization. This role requires creativity, an analytic mind, basic presentation skills, and a high degree of empathy. You should have strong negotiating skills, plus a strategic and analytic approach to monitoring and improving results.
You will report to the business development director and be primarily responsible for supporting the goals of the business development department. You'll work closely with our affiliate coordinator to diversify our affiliate program and increase revenue. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a mature but growing team. Our model is unique and incredibly powerful. You should be open-minded and willing to take a highly creative and nontraditional approach to affiliate marketing.
This is a New York or Seattle based role
Oversee the execution of affiliate marketing programs through a wide variety of program offers (flat rate, rev share, logo/content licensing, CPC, CPL, etc.) that align with our model as a content publisher
- Proactively reach out to, and develop affiliate relationships with, merchants that are not joined to an affiliate network
- Manage existing affiliates and build strong relationships for long-term success, while building new affiliate partnerships
- Create and manage a seasonal calendar as well as network communications (e.g. newsletters)
- Act as the main contact for assigned clients and work with them to form creative strategies, objectives, and metrics
- Develop campaign analysis and optimization processes, and recommend strategic and tactical changes to maximize performance
- Innovate to improve the overall performance of the channel
- Collaborate with the data team to analyze campaign performance and identify actionable insights to improve KPIs, and own the project management and execution of those ideas while eliciting feedback from peers and the management team
- Monitor competitive and affiliate industry activity in order to identify new trends and best practices
- Work with internal teams on cross-functional initiatives, and develop a strong understanding of our editorial model
Two to three years of hands-on experience in affiliate marketing campaigns and Web analytics
- Extra points if you have experience in content publishing
Experience with affiliate networks (Commission Junction, Rakuten, ShareASale, etc.)
- Experience in executing campaigns and utilizing multiple reporting dashboards
- Experience in pulling reporting, measuring campaign performances, and analyzing metrics to support overall affiliate strategy
- Proficiency with A/B testing and creative optimization techniques
- Strong account management and contract negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, writing, project management, presentation, cross-functional collaboration, and relationship-building skills are critical
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills, with the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to improve processes and procedures to optimize growth, efficiency, and time
- Expertise with Microsoft Office programs and strong overall computer skills
- CRM familiarity
We started The Wirecutter to help people quickly find buying recommendations without clicking through dozens of articles. You may be aware that we run our company in service of our readers. Less known is our commitment to the people with which we work. We ask everyone who works here to be effective, to be efficient, and to move the needle every day. In exchange, we offer you the ability to work from wherever on your own hours for competitive pay at a reasonable pace. We love working with people who can get it done in a world-class way and are good at communicating with a team, and who know how to enjoy a balanced life outside of work.
If you are an an active employee at The New York Times or any affiliates (excluding INYT), please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "Find Internal Jobs". Thank you!
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Wirecutter's Employees
Director of Data Analytics
Erik manages a team of analysts and data engineers who mine statistical data in an effort to continuously improve the company’s product reviews and shopping guides.
Back to top