JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor | The Estates at Park Place by Windsor - Fremont, CA
Windsor Communities has built a solid reputation on over 50 years of providing the best in luxury apartment home living - from beautiful garden-style apartments with lush surroundings to high-rise living offering the latest in modern, urban dwelling. At Windsor Communities, it's all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different - demanding, rewarding, and fun.
Windsor is a growing company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. The people who work here are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do. If you're someone who welcomes responsibility and enjoys getting involved, you'll fit right in.
THE POSITION: As a Windsor Maintenance Supervisor, you would manage the maintenance department working with the Property Manager. You would be responsible for the supervision of apartment turnovers, inspections, communication with management office on schedules, meetings, and projects. Supervise and designate daily and weekly routine. Prepare maintenance paperwork, budgets, updates and forecast, and 5 and 10-year plan. More responsibilities include:
- Directs the maintenance of the apartments
- Coordinate with painters
- Directs the cleaning of the apartments
- Directs the inspection of apartments
- Update handi-track/key-track
- Keeps management informed of day-to-day routines
- Schedules staff meetings/safety meetings
- Delegates day-to-day operations and work orders as required
- Responsible for the upkeep of the office, model and common areas
- Order all materials needed for stock and maintain inventory
- Prepare a working budget with Property Manager
- Gather bids on projects for budget preparation
- Responsible for payroll/fringe benefit preparations
- Evaluate maintenance staff on an annual basis
- Overtime, afterhours and weekend work hours required as needed
- Requires computer knowledge related to maintenance programs such as record keeping, declining budget, site requirements, renovations, capital expense control.
This is a working supervisor position. Therefore, you will need to check, troubleshoot and make repairs of items in the following areas: Appliances | Plumbing | Air Conditioning | Carpentry | Heating | Drywall | Electrical | Roofing | Pools | Other Building Maintenance Items
This position requires personal contact with apartment residents. Proper conduct is essential at all times. This position may require overtime, holiday and weekend work.
Job Requirements: The successful Apartment Maintenance Supervisor must have apartment and / or residential maintenance experience. This individual will be dealing regularly with our high-end clients and must be presentable with excellent communication skills. Proper conduct is essential. Additionally:
- Individual must be AC qualified and able to read wiring diagrams
- High level of competency and efficiency in all aspects of maintenance operations (I.E. pool maintenance, appliances, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, etc.)
- Capable of performing sustained manual labor
- May require overtime, holiday, and weekend work
- Must be "on call"
- Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement
BENEFITS: Benefits include a free apartment, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, up to 4 weeks vacation, sick time, and 9 paid holidays, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, a tuition assistance program, and 2 personal days.
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete the Infor Talent Science Assessment. THESE ARE REQUIRED STEPS IN THE HIRING PROCESS.
Windsor Management Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Windsor Communities's Employees
Jeff leads Windsor Communities and provides employees with the support and autonomy that will set them up for success and provide customers with exceptional residential communities.
Back to top