JOB TITLE: Instructional Designer| Nationwide | Can be located in: Boston, Houston, Denver, D.C. or Orange.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Windsor Communities has built a solid reputation on over 50 years of providing the best in luxury apartment home living, from beautiful garden-style apartments with lush surroundings to high-rise living offering the latest in modern, urban dwelling. At Windsor Communities, it's all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different - demanding, rewarding, and fun.
Windsor is a growing, national company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. Our employees are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do. If you're someone who welcomes responsibility and enjoys getting involved, you'll fit right in.
This hands-on position is responsible for creating learning experiences in a variety of formats for adult learners, including instructor-led and digital. This position requires the Instructional Designer to be fast-paced, production oriented, possess a strong eye for visual design and be well-versed in instructional design methodologies. To be successful, this individual must be inquisitive and have experience working on multiple projects with several stakeholders at the same time.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conduct needs assessments by evaluating data from sources including resident satisfaction surveys, occupancy trends, mystery shops, employee surveys, workman's comp claims, maintenance reports and others.
- Confer key stakeholders to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Create levels of evaluations to measure effectiveness.
- Communicate regularly and shadow field and departments to determine content updates required and make updates regularly keeping the content fresh and relevant.
- Strong interaction with Subject Matter Experts for exchange of ideas.
- Maintain a strong interaction with end users to review and revise materials.
- Manage training development projects and ensure training development projects are delivered on time.
- Determine best method for training delivery (self-paced webinar, video, in-person webinar, in-person class, job aides, collaboration, etc.)
- Design and develop video-based training including script writing, story boarding and video production and editing.
- Design and development online learning using tools such as Articulate and Camtasia.
- Design and develop teaching aids for in-person training such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, power point presentations, computer tutorials and reference books.
- Provide metrics/reports from the Learning Management System and communicate regularly with stakeholders.
- Remain current on developments in L&D methodologies including technology advancements.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Superior instructional design skills and a learner-centric mindset.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies.
- Proven ability to create online, interactive exercises and activities with demonstrable outcomes.
- Proven ability to develop classes and online learning modules by acquiring information from subject matter experts and developing it into easy to learn, bite-sized content.
- Superior writing, organizational and business communication skills.
- Virtual Collaboration software (GoToWebinar, Skype, Google Hangouts) experience.
- Experience with an eLearning authoring tool (Adobe Captivate preferred).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Ability to convert technical or complex information into easily used and understandable text and graphics.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent one-on-one and group presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to think quickly and act swiftly to handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Comfortable driving multiple initiatives.
- Able to build partnerships with internal and external resources.
- Ability to work independently as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members; comfortable giving and receiving constructive criticism.
- If required, flexibility to work non-standard hours to accommodate international time zones.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to present material with an engaging style in front of large and small groups. (Preferred.)
- Experience in the multi-family industry. (Preferred.)
Meet Some of Windsor Communities's Employees
Jeff leads Windsor Communities and provides employees with the support and autonomy that will set them up for success and provide customers with exceptional residential communities.
Back to top