Group Vice President - Texas
- Houston, TX
Windsor Communities has earned a reputation for outstanding resident service, property maintenance, and property-level financial performance. Windsor achieves this by combining strong on-site staff with experienced regional leadership teams. Both are backed by professional maintenance, training, purchasing, revenue management, and ancillary revenue support personnel. Windsor Communities has built a solid reputation on 60 years of providing the best in luxury apartment home living, from beautiful garden-style apartments to high-rise living offering the latest in modern, urban dwelling. At Windsor Communities, it's all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different – demanding, rewarding, and fun.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Primary responsibility is to oversee the activities and operations of 2 to 5 Divisional Managers and upwards of 20 to 50 multifamily apartment communities. The Group Vice President will prepare and implement business plans to achieve or exceed budgeted revenue, expenses and cash flow. The Group Vice President must have proven ability to manage 2 to 4 regions with multiple multi-site supervisors and a proven track record for growing NOI through Revenue and Expense management, as well as an ability to manage an aggressive acquisition pace. Other duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise and coordinate preparation and implementation of current business plan. Set short and long range plans for each property with overall profit and growth objectives of the company.
- Develop pricing plans for net effective rents to balance short-term and medium-term revenue and occupancy goals.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current and long-term market conditions to provide regional forecasting.
- Develop fee and ancillary income programs to supplement revenue growth from rents.
- Monitor monthly operating statements and take corrective action to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Evaluate incoming rent schedules and availability.
- Inspect properties to ensure compliance with all programs and policies, and ensure properties remain in exemplary condition.
- Oversee preparation and implementation of marketing plan at each property.
- Prepare quarterly variance reports for President of Operations.
- Monitor regional overhead spending to achieve budgets.
Customer Service Management
- Respond to and resolve customer concerns. Set high expectation levels of customer service experience as well as protect on-line reputation.
- Perform human resource administration for all associates in assigned region to ensure a competent and well-trained operational staff at all levels.
- Maintain all records of properties and personnel.
- Help individuals develop skills needed to be effective team members and promote team building.
- Present associate awards and accolades.
- Manage dispositions, including maintaining occupancy and property overall performance through sales process.
- Strong ability to partner with other departments in Boston and Regional offices for support in regional goals.
- Ability to work with JV partners and internal development team on development deals, including FF&E and plan review.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent, or four to ten years related work experience.
- The ideal candidate will have experience managing various types of Class A and B product, including High-rise, Mid-Rise, and Garden style communities.
- Must have experience with a Revenue Management system and work experience with a public traded company (REIT).
- Must have previously managed/executed renovation programs, including unit upgrades and amenities.
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. These are required steps in the hiring process.
Windsor Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top