Director of Training
JOB TITLE: Director of Training | California Region | Orange, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION: Windsor Communities has built a solid reputation on over 50 years of providing the best in luxury apartment home living, from beautiful garden-style apartments with lush surroundings to high-rise living offering the latest in modern, urban dwelling. At Windsor Communities, it's all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different - demanding, rewarding, and fun.
Windsor is a growing, national company that fosters a professional attitude and a strong team spirit. We are committed to training our employees well, honoring their achievements, and promoting from within. Our employees are outgoing, caring, and proud of what they do. If you're someone who welcomes responsibility and enjoys getting involved, you'll fit right in.
This position is responsible for implementing training programs for all new associates and overseeing their ongoing development. To be successful, this individual must be an engaging facilitator with a drive for results.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Implement training programs utilizing a variety of learning techniques including role playing, flipped classroom, design thinking and gamification.
- Demonstrate expertise in sales and service functions like overcoming objections, working with upset customers and creating a positive environment for customers.
- Follow-up with associates after all training classes/events to reinforce learned material and ensure implementation.
- Provide ongoing coaching, as needed.
- Create strong and meaningful business relationships with internal stakeholders to build credibility.
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments with Regional Staff to understand training needs.
- Monitor compliance, performance, skill gaps and make recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate course materials to ensure content stays relevant.
- Work with other Regional Trainers to develop new training opportunities, as needed.
- Review and follow up with mystery shopping reports for the designated Region.
- Monitor, support and improve Academy Trainer/Coach performance for the Region.
- Work closely with Regional Coordinator to schedule classes, plan rallies, conferences, track classes and other administrative tasks.
- Assist with class administration including reproducing modules, class set-up, ensuring class paperwork is completed and other tasks.
- Assist with the organization and planning of company contests and recognition events as required including Rallies, Operation Conference, local and charitable events.
- Network with industry and training professionals by attending trade shows and conferences to research and implement new training methodologies.
- 60% training classroom, web, coaching.
- At least 25% travel required to designated Region. (Varies by region.)
- Understand the site team needs in order to help the Regional Staff hire the right people.
- Work with DM, VP, Regional Maintenance to minimize employee turnover and increase retention through training and recognition programs.
- Assist with interviewing and the hiring for the Region.
- Monitor and evaluate property advertising sources to maximize community exposure and impact effective utilization.
- Monitor online reviews and property responses per our policies and procedures.
- Regularly review quality of social media posts and provide properties with suggestions for improvement.
- Assist properties with executing branding and marketing strategies.
- Strong instructor/classroom presence with exceptional communication skills across all levels.
- Expertise with traditional classroom, experiential and new digital forms of training; ability to adapt curriculum/programs to alternative delivery channels such as eLearning, onDemand learning, self-study toolkits and internal corporate learning platforms.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a direct sales or service role.
- Ability to pivot in a fast-paced environment and lead through ambiguity and change.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work interdependently and collaboratively.
Back to top