Area Maintenance Manager - Houston
- Houston, TX
Area Maintenance Manager | Houston, TX
At Windsor Communities, it’s all about people. Our residents depend on us to be observant, interested in their lives, and quick to respond to their needs. We enjoy working with them and with each other. Every day is different – demanding, rewarding, and fun. Windsor has built a solid reputation on over 50 years of providing the best in luxury apartment home living – from beautiful garden-style apartments with lush surrounds to high-rise living offering the latest in modern, urban dwelling.
Windsor Communities is seeking an Area Maintenance Manager who will oversee seven Class A luxury properties located in and around Houston. This portfolio is growing with an additional 600 units in development. As a Windsor Area Maintenance Manager, you have a dedication that cannot be beat. You are hardworking, self-motivated, and take pride in a job well-done. Does this sound like you? Then you should bring your expertise and work ethic to Windsor!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Maintain a high level of quality and efficiency of all aspects of the maintenance operation within the assigned group of properties, including personnel, budgeting, planning and scheduling, inspecting, technical assistance, monitoring, reporting, purchasing, and other tasks to achieve market objectives for the region.
- Act as safety ambassador and promote a strong safety culture throughout the region.
- Lead and participate in regular safety education meetings, regionally or at property level.
- Monitor the compliance of safe work practices and use of PPE in the field – use positive reinforcement to correct behavior.
- Assist the Regional Maintenance Director in developing site specific emergency evacuation plans in coordination with local authorities.
- Activate and coordinate emergency response teams in the event of natural disasters.
- Holds minimum of OSHA 10 certification or obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Understand and be able to use and interpret construction drawings, including architectural and mechanical, and construction manuals.
- Identify building defects, and propose suitable solutions, and approximation of costs.
- Assist the RMD in creating scopes of work for CapEx projects, manage competitive bidding process, identify most suitable contractor, and manage project through successful completion.
- Supervise implementation of routine and special projects by site teams.
- Experience with Yardi or other core property management software - able to create reports and analyze property performance metrics related to work order completion, turnover, and preventive maintenance.
- Ensure implementation of preventive maintenance (PM) program to ensure that all building systems, elements and components are maintained and serviced according to industry standards and manufacturer requirements.
- Inspect properties and insure that cleaning, grounds keeping, inventory control, and general maintenance is being performed according to company policies and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance on maintenance-related items.
- Assist with various groups on asset acquisition and disposition.
- Be an excellent problem solver and creative thinker.
Procurement and Contracting
- Work in conjunction with the Procurement department to optimize negotiated relationships; ensure that site teams comply to greatest extent possible.
- Assist Regional Maintenance Director (RMD) in negotiation of outside vendor contracts for region, such as cleaning, landscaping, painting, flooring – monitor quality of services and correct work quality of vendors where needed.
- Be able to concisely describe problematic physical conditions to non-technical team members.
- Be able to speak on an equal technical level with contractors and design professionals when discussing existing conditions and proposed designs or solutions.
- Communicate professionally and respectfully with all company associates, both in writing and conversation.
- Communicate frequently with VP Engineering, Regional SVP, Area Managers and Divisional Managers to keep them apprised of portfolio status.
Supervisory & Team Building:=
- Help RMD to manage team of Maintenance Supervisors, who supervise a maintenance staff at each property.
- Coach and mentor Maintenance Supervisors, provide support on technical issues, and help them develop professionally and personally.
- Encourage participation in ongoing education, and industry seminars and conferences.
- The AMM is part of broader team of peers and will be expected to present ideas during formal and informal ‘best practice’ planning sessions focused on improving operational efficiency.
- Support Vice President of Engineering with implementation of company maintenance initiatives.
- Participates in the annual budget process, including costs for MRO and 7-year projection of capital needs.
- Perform quarterly review of expenses related to maintenance, capital projects, and third-party contracted services; update plans and projections accordingly.
- Local travel required within the Houston area; candidates must be able to drive between properties.
- Travel to properties based on specific needs/projects underway and as part of normal rotation to inspect/observe conditions and thoroughness/quality of operations.
- May be called on to assist with due diligence/disposition efforts outside of designated region.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities and special projects as required.
Drug testing and background checks are an employment requirement. Upon submission of your application, you will be invited to complete the Infor Talent Science Assessment.
Windsor Property Management Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top