Director Engineering - Sys
ABOUT WIND RIVER
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
What You’ll Do
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced high-performing technical manager for a position developing a cloud-based platform that spans across all products.
The successful candidate will manage a highly skilled development team delivering internal and external tools and technologies across a complete DevSecOps platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities.
The successful candidate must have experience leading software teams in cloud-native development and be a highly adaptable team player who can coach and mentor individuals. A combination of strong managerial and organizational skills is a must.
Who You Will Work With:
- Lead and collaborate with other development, usability, and software supporting teams to ensure high levels of product quality.
- Collaborate with product managers and customer facing teams to align on market needs.
- Consult with security, technology, and subject matter experts to solve for all aspects of delivery.
- Manage multiple teams of software developers in the America’s ( US and Costa Rica). The management aspects include career planning, goal setting, performance assessment, coaching, performance improvement, compensation, conflict resolution, and other people management tasks.
- Drive day-to-day delivery, development, test, coordination, and support activities in a larger, global engineering organization.
- Take complete ownership and persevere in cross team product delivery goals.
- Mentor and develop engineers.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development management experience in a product delivery organization leading teams of 10 or more.
- Excellent organizational, communication, estimation, and planning skills.
- Ideally experienced in DevOps, CI\CD, and development of automation tools in a native cloud environment.
- Strong English both verbal and written.
- Strong mentoring, supervisory and team building skills.
- Understanding of integration with open-source technologies.
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, OpenStack).
- Knowledge of web services (REST, Web Sockets), Single Page Applications (SPA), SQL and No-SQL Databases.
- Experience with Atlassian a plus (Jira, Confluence, Bit Bucket).
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent experience
- Flexible home office! We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule or 100% remote
- Named Top Workplace for the 8th year in a row
- Wind River’s commitment to DEIB
- 100% Employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Flexible Time Off policy** + 12 observed Holidays
- 401K with company match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
*varies by region and country
** varies by region and country
The annual base salary range for this role’s listed grade level is currently $180-500-$243,640 plus bonus for Colorado residents, $180,500-$243,640 plus bonus for New York and New Jersey residents, and $190,800-$257,580 plus bonus for California and Washington residents. Salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, location and abilities of the applicant, and equity with other team members. Employees in this role are also eligible for the following benefits in accordance with the terms of the Company's plans: health, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, flex time off, eligibility to enroll in 401k, 12 paid holidays.