In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud, and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion, and customer-focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
Possible locations: Seattle, Alameda (Bay Area), Portland
What You’ll Do
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced Chief Systems Architecture (Connected Autonomous Systems)
Leading architecture creation across all of the Wind River products. Ensuring interoperability, with a focus on the customer use to develop their connected intelligent systems.
The successful candidate will report to the VP of Worldwide Engineering, will lead and continue to build a highly-skilled development team of director-level Principle Technologists, pioneering many new industry-leading capabilities.
We're looking for someone with expert architectural technical skills, and softer skills like business acumen, decision making, and communication skills.
In the past you’ve:
- Led development of intelligent, autonomous systems, spanning the cloud and devices
- You likely have worked extensively using cloud solutions to create embedded systems
- You’ve likely created autonomous systems – planes, trains, or automobiles
- Integrated class-leading FOSS tools, as well as proprietary software products
- Taken a user experience approach to accelerate how our customer can build their systems
- Bring the experience of creating complex intelligent systems into Wind River
- Led the team System Architecture Team supporting all Wind River products
- Embedded Linux
- VxWorks RTOS
- Wind River Cloud Platform
- Focus and lead feature development of tools surrounding the Wind River products enabling customer ease of development.
- Take a system lifecycle approach to products
- Ensure security of all systems.
- People management in a software architectural setting
- Expert with cloud platforms; like AWS, Azure, Kubernetes and Docker
- Expert in embedded systems; like Linux and RTOS
- Skilled with DevSecOps tools; like Gitlab, Jenkins and Tekton
- Skilled with webstack and data architecture
- Experience with security – IDAM, PAM, mTLS and more
- Familiar with RTOS
- Experience in autonomous systems development
- 5+ years of experience in Software Architecture
- 10+ years working in the software development arena
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree)
- US Person on US soil