We're passionate about bringing the love of baking and decorating to everyone, everywhere, every day.
Our message is simple - we know you love baking (because we do, too) and we're constantly evolving to bring you quality products that make baking and decorating fun and easy. We're not just for the decorators of wow-worthy cakes, we're for cupcake makers and cookie bakers who love to say, "I made that!" Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com .
This position will participate in prospecting potential suppliers while building their knowledge of new suppliers, materials, processes, cost, lead time, quality, and compliance. Under the direction of the Sourcing Director, this position will manage a group of suppliers, including sourcing, negotiations on pricing and other commercial terms and lead supplier business reviews. The role is also responsible for managing supply chain readiness for new product development across the products in a category. This position reports to the Sourcing Director.
- Manages, coordinates and directs supply chain management activities through day-to-day tactical and long-term strategic activities for assigned categories and suppliers; including the establishment of strategic goals, plans, outlooks, objectives and metrics.
- Develops industry/market trend analysis, competitive situations, commodity price trends, and supply/demand situations for assigned spend categories.
- Work with Inventory Group to ensure that supply is scheduled to effectively meet demand and assist in inventory management.
- Manage assigned supplier to meet TQRACC (Technology, Quality, Responsiveness, Availability, Cost and Compliance) objectives for the business within the scope of the role.
- Negotiate new or revised supplier contracts and agreements that meet the commercial and legal needs of the business.
- Establish working relationship with operation to ensure accurate information are provided and continue improvement opportunity are identified.
- Teamwork with Product Manager and Product Design team to develop new products. Duties and responsibility include but not limit to:
- Analyze and understand the Product Requirement form, clarify the project scope between Product Design and supplier
- Lead and drive commercial discussion with supplier to align with NPD objectives
- Follow up with suppliers on quotation, sampling, production schedule and capacity.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in design, cost, quality and production efficiency
- Ensure all elements of supply chain readiness are in place for new product commercialization
Education and Experience:
- Effective written and verbal communication
- A team player with entrepreneurial spirit
- A Bachelor's Degree in a business, supply chain or other related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years' work experience working with consumer products preferably in manufacturing environment
- Must be computer savvy with extensive MS Office experience.
- Willing to take challenges, hardworking, self-motivated and dependable
- Strong prioritization skills to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to travel
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Financial Analysis and Cost Modeling - Understanding of "total cost of ownership," can read and analyze financial statements to assess the strength of a business and uses these skills in everyday sourcing decisions.
- Working experience in consumer products. Equipped with product knowledge in raw materials, manufacturing processes, finished products, packaging, warehousing and transportation.
- Problem Solving - The ability to identify problems and develop and implement solutions to the issues.
- Decision Making - The ability to make "value added" decisions in a timely manner at all levels of the organization.
- Strategic Thinker - The ability to creatively develop effective responses and plans to people, problems or issues.
- Communication Skills - The ability to effectively communicate ideas, recommended direction, solutions and work through conflict resolution at all levels of organizations both internally and externally.
- Negotiation - The ability to plan for, implement and communicate the "elements of negotiations" that create value for Wilton Brands, while maintaining supplier relationships.
- Ethics - Consistently uses good judgment when analyzing right and wrong and performs at a level of conduct that is within corporate ethics guidelines.
Meet Some of Wilton Brands's Employees
Manager of Public Relations
Desiree’s role is twofold. On the PR side, she ensures consistent brand messaging. On the corporate communications side, she keeps associates informed of awesome benefits and fun events.
Back to top